1998 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Love my Corolla

1998 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

CE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love my Corolla
By ADwyer on

1998 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Corolla because I wanted a car that would last, I could depend on, and wouldn't require a lot of unexpected repair cost. I have not been disappointed. I love the gas mileage, I love the realibility (which is second to none.) I have 165K on it today, and it shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. Other than regular maintainence I have put nothing into this car. I think about buying something bigger because of the short backseat, however, I am scared to give up the dependability I have grown to expect.

Gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage! As well as the incredible realibility. I have had no repairs, just the required tires, brakes, and oil change. This car is the dream of a single mother.

The seat belt sensor stays on all the time. I really dislike the cup holders - you can't charge your cell phone, you have to move the drink to put in a cd, it covers up the storage area. The leg room, front & back, is very limited - it is after all a compact car.