Nothing ever goes wrong with this car.
By Jazz on
1998 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan
Seriously, I bought it new 12 years ago, it has about 90,000 miles on it, it's gotten all its regular maintenance, and nothing serious has ever gone wrong with it. The only thing that doesn't work is that the 2nd radio button sticks. The engine's a bit underpowered, but you will not find a more reliable car. Also, the Toyota vehicles that had issues with accelerators were all 1990 or later, so 1980 is a good year for used models. It's comfy. I have a bad lower back, and the lumbar support is fantastic! It actually makes my back feel better, which is great for long drives. Unbelievably good gas mileage. I am very happy with this car and would recommend it to anyone.
Favorite Features
Great lumbar support, 100% dependable, great gas mileage. I love that it won't let me leave my lights on or lock my keys in my car. The outside temperature reading is so handy to see from the driver's seat when I drove a different car, I kept looking for it and was disappointed it wasn't there.
Suggested Improvements
The ashtray/cup holder arrangement is awkward. There's limited leg room in the back seats, but that's o.k. with me because it means lots more room in the trunk. The front storage compartment has weak hinges and you have to open and close it carefully.