1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Corolla, the no-headache car
By Alok Sharma on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Buy a Corolla and just do scheduled oil- changes, and the usual maintenance. It is truly a no-problem vehicle.Drives beautifully and is extremely reliable.

reliable
By Claire on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

I've LOVED my Corolla!! I'm the kinda car owner that wants to put my key in and have the car go and not need to know anymore than that. I wasn't fond of the dealer in Seattle re: maintenance (I was treated poorly)but luckily haven't needed to go often! I'm thinking of trading it in sadly but only to get more space of a minivan. I bought it as a childless couple and the carseat and long commute on the ferry seems to be shrinking the interior. If I had gone for a CE or LE I would have had that fold down seat to the trunk which would have fixed everything but...I don't :)

Great Buy
By Travis C. on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I am not one that takes very good care of their vehicle and performs the minimum maintenance. I have treated my Corolla poorly and it has always performed great and has been as dependable as can be. I have had not one single problem with my Corolla and I have wrecked it and ran over parking blocks by accident and do not rotate my tires or anything. I take it in for an oil change about every 6000-7000 miles and other than brakes and tires I have spent no more money on it.

Toyota = Reliability
By girion20 on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I've owned several (4) toyotas now, and this car is by far the best one of the lot. The others were trucks, and performed well for me, but I've been impressed with the Corolla. I used to do quite a bit of driving (for a long distance relationship) and have put almost 105,000 miles on my car, and its still running every bit as good today as it did when I first purchased it. I've changed the oil regularly, and with the 6-disc CD changer, 15 inch alloy rims, and automatic tranny, I've put off plans to purchase a new car in favor of driving this one well into the 175,000 range.

great car
By workinguy on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

i am a very high-mileage driver. in the 8 months i've had my corolla, i've put 15000 miles on it. the ride is smooth, the engine is quiet, and the engine can give a little extra when you need it.

Great Car!!!!
By summer25 on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

This car is wonderful, no matter how many times I crashed it, it always ran like it was new. I couldn't ask for a more reliable car.

Not as good as I expected
By Johnatyahoo on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car two years ago. It caused me a lot of troubles. First the battery became bad, I changed that. The the alternator was broken. The came the brake. It has some problems with starting. I changed the plus wires, it did not help at all. I wish I had never bought this troublesome car.

BUILT TO LAST
By GUY B on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

THIS VEHICLE HAS GOOD POWER, GOOD PERFORMANCE AND IS GREAT QUALITY...IS A SURE BUY...

Cruisin'
By Nandy2you on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is my fourth Toyota and 2nd Corolla. My first one - a 1990 is still going strong with my daughter who has now clocked it over 225000 miles last month! This is the greatest little travelling car going!

Corolla LE
By tom1975 on 03/04/02 02:23 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Great and reliable car. In 60,000 miles, all I've done is change the oil!