Most reliable & economical car ever
By Kieron on
1997 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan
I bought this car in March 2001 with 60,000 miles on it. I live in Ft. Lauderdale so the ice cold A/C is a boon. I work the summers on Cape Cod so every year this little beauty runs the 1550M distance each way without a problem. The mileage is just approaching 140,000. I replaced the clutch at 100,000 (usually a driver induced problem). I have had one leak in a steering hose and that is it. I replaced the belts as a precaution at 130,000 and replaced the front pads at 135,000, the garage told me the rears didn't need changing yet!!! Loaded down with all my gear for the summer it goes fast enough to put me at risk of big speeding tickets and returns 36+MPG. An absolutely world class car.
Favorite Features
After 6 years of driving a 3,000 mile round trip it is great to load the car up and drive a 1500 mile leg without any fears of breakdown malfunctions or problems with this fantastic car.
Suggested Improvements
Are you kidding? For the price it does a fantastic job, it does what a car should do and it just keeps on doing it... maybe forever!!!