1997 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Amazing Economy Car

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Review

Amazing Economy Car
By yooper42985 on

1997 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I inherited my Corolla in 2004 with 114k miles shortly after moving away to college. It isnít sporty or sexy, but it was a far sight more reliable than the 1984 Grand Prix it replaced. The car now has 170k miles. In this time, aside from oil, tranny fluid, tires and brake pads all I have had replaced is the radiator, shocks/springs, and strut mounts. The radiator was actually still working fine, even with a whole rusted clear through it. But out of prudence, I decided to have it replaced. Gas mileage is great (24 city/32 highway), although I believe the newer Corollas are better with new technology. Not as good as a civic hatchback, but way more car. I have the 4 gear auto tranny.

Rock solid reliability. Fuel economy. Surprisingly comfortable interior for the price, I usually hate the inside of Japanese cars. Practical.

A larger engine option, I believe a 2.4 liter is available for 2009. Tighter suspension. Rear seats that fold down should be standard! Center arm rests. Seatbelts that retract!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review