1997 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: A total gem

1997 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

A total gem
By steve on

1997 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car after having to replace nearly all the parts on a 1995 Ford f150 [junk]. Since owning it, I have changed the oil every 3500 to 5000 miles and just recently did some work on it. I had a 125,000 tune up, and the battery died after 10 years. The timing belt is still good, it is like a cockroach, I do not think it will die. I have 127,000 miles on it and expect to go 300,000 with ease. Thought of getting a new one, but why, this car is amazing and what auto manufacturers should be producing. The 125,00 tune up was radiator flush, spark plugs, etc. And the mechanic said I could probably have gone to 150,000 and even then maybe not. What a car, love it love it love it.

Size, perfect, interior is very comfortable and offers skis through the back seat, has no problems making up to the mountains for a ski, here in Colorado, even after being 11 years old.

At the time it was not the style, however if it were a little higher off the ground that would have been perfect.