Used 1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Zippy and fun
By mjmihal

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I drive my 97 Toyota Corolla around town for the most part; about 11,000 miles per year. The car operates wonderfully in town. It has good pick- up and is nimble around turns. It has enough room to fit 4 passengers comfortably. The trunk space is surprisingly roomy as well. It is low to the ground, punches forward when you tap the accelerator, and corners on a dime.

The Overdrive button allows the driver to deactivate 4th gear and use only 1 thru 3.. On the highway, punch the OD button and jump ahead of traffic!

The A/C system has very simple controls. It takes some fiddling to get just the right temperature. On hot sunny days it can be impossible to keep the car cool, and the A/C saps quite a bit of engine power

Great car to own
By Rima

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

The car is very reliable. I bought it new and in the 7 years I owned it, it only broke once (minor repair - starter cable wore off). It gets great mileage, both in the city and on the highway. It is comfortable to drive, and spacious enough for 5 people. Good investment if you ask me.

The interior design is very nice. I love the storage compartment between the two front seats and the two cup holders. The pockets on both the passenger and driver sides hold maps, pens and bills for tolls rather nicely. The rear seats fold down - great for oversized items in the trunk.

There is no cruise control in the standard model. Also, the wipers only have 3 speeds to choose from. When the rain is very light, it is annoying to keep switching wipers on and off. It is very noisy in the cabin on the highway even with the windows closed.

best car yet
By gone with the wind

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is the first toyota car I have ever owned, and I would be hard-pressed to buy anything else. I had a lot of problems with all of my GM automobiles. This car has always gotten me where I wanted to go. Toyota is definitely a more reliable car than GM. Why would you buy anything else?

My favorite feature is the size of the toyota corolla. It is very easy to park and maneuverability is great. The car is very easy to handle.

I would make more room in the center of the car for carrying drinks and maybe put a few pockets for change or carrying other small things. I would make the glove compartment bigger.

a good reliable car
By sjones

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

i recieved thhis car from my mother and the mileage was already high(97000). this car has given me no problems so long as i kept the required maintenance done,...trans, tune up, iol change, wipers, tires. she's getting up there but can move with the best of em' on the highway,..the interior is durable, she climbs hills well,the ride is good and it turns on every morning, heat, defog or air needed. you wouldn't be sorry,......we are 134.000 strong,..its a tru love affair

1997 Corolla - Great Car!
By ShariB

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Easy to drive, powerful little car that still gets 33-35 mpg. After 122,000 miles, not a single mechanical problem. I'll be drivind this car for a few more years.

Reliable & efficient.