Used 1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

best car yet
By gone with the wind

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is the first toyota car I have ever owned, and I would be hard-pressed to buy anything else. I had a lot of problems with all of my GM automobiles. This car has always gotten me where I wanted to go. Toyota is definitely a more reliable car than GM. Why would you buy anything else?

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the size of the toyota corolla. It is very easy to park and maneuverability is great. The car is very easy to handle.

Suggested Improvements

I would make more room in the center of the car for carrying drinks and maybe put a few pockets for change or carrying other small things. I would make the glove compartment bigger.

a good reliable car
By sjones

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

i recieved thhis car from my mother and the mileage was already high(97000). this car has given me no problems so long as i kept the required maintenance done,...trans, tune up, iol change, wipers, tires. she's getting up there but can move with the best of em' on the highway,..the interior is durable, she climbs hills well,the ride is good and it turns on every morning, heat, defog or air needed. you wouldn't be sorry,......we are 134.000 strong,..its a tru love affair

1997 Corolla - Great Car!
By ShariB

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Easy to drive, powerful little car that still gets 33-35 mpg. After 122,000 miles, not a single mechanical problem. I'll be drivind this car for a few more years.

Favorite Features

Reliable & efficient.

Affordable Dependability
By Jim40

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

We've had this 1997 Corolla since December 1999. It's a well built, dependable car. Good styling, cranks every time, well-designed inside and out. It's easy to manuever in traffic and it's very easy to park. We have no plans to sell it; we'll keep it for many years to come. We traded an '87 Ford Taurus for this car. The Taurus gave us nothing but trouble. It was always in the shop for mechanical repairs. We've have never had to put the Corolla in the shop. Keep up the good work, Toyota!!

Favorite Features

Easy to drive, easy to park.

Great Car
By Mixie

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I have never had even one problem with this car. It is the most practical, durable car, and I wish I didn't have to part with it ever. It is the number one worry-free car. As long as its taken care of properly, it will far outlast any other car.