1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Very Reliable
By nmyrmel on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 2 and half years and it hasn't had any trouble at all. Just change the oil and go. Decent acceleration for a 1.8 liter engine.

Great Car
By VicArcega on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for the past 3 yrs. It has never caused any problems whatsoever, and I've been communting to and from school pretty much every day. It still runs very well, and is very responsive. Drivers seat is very comfortable as well as the back seat. Trunk has a good amount of space, I just had to install a trunklight, no problem. Speakers were kinda low quality. The one problem I had was the door locks broke, but the dealer had that fixed in no time. Its a very reliable car, and I would recommend it to people looking for a realiable used car. It's very practical for a student/teenager.

get a honda
By honda85 on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car is supposed to get at least 26 mpg. Over the past years it has only gotten 17!!! I don't live where there is tones of stop and go driving either. This car is not what it's made out to be. The engine is very high strung and noisey. And, if you don't mind having every car passing you when you're getting on the interstate, have at it!

Great Little Car
By Pies De Plomo on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Very Good Car,You Can Depend On This Car Good Economy, Needs A Litle More Pep But Once You Are On Your Way It Goes Really Good, Brakes Are Not Very Good And They Lock easily, Air Condition You Can't Find A Better One.

my car
By gus on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

the corolla is a great car for anyone. It gets from point a to b wonderfully and it is very reliable. i've had mine for a little more than a year, its got over 100000 miles, and all i've had to do besides change the oil is put in a new battery and a belt that had worn out.

Great Car!
By Chrissie on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1997 Corolla when I turned 16, as a first car. I've put that car through a lot of abuse (rare oil changes, squealing tires, etc.) and I've never had a bad problem with it. It's held up beautifully. I was even rear-ended by a brand new Cadillac, and the Cadillac was totaled, and my Corolla had a slight scratch on the rear bumper...it was amazing. While it's not the most fancy car, it's certainly the most reliable, well built, and all around practical car. I highly reccomend the Corolla, especially as a first car, because it holds up so well, and needs little to no matinence.

good
By coolpopulargirl on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Very good and comfortable even though small car

Excellent
By kshan77 on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellent

Great small car
By sasycdb on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

If you want a dependable, reliable car with good gas mileage, this is it! I have 73K miles (purchased used with 27K miles) and no problems or repairs (except normal oil change, tires, air filter). Tho not fancy, I can depend I will get where I need to go, I've never been stranded, and love my Corolla! Also good acceleration for a small engine/car.

Great Car
By abuttimer on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I highly recommend this vehicle for anyone interested in a car that starts every time. Keep gas in it and worry about more important things in life than your car.