Used 1997 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Experience with 1997 Toyota Corrolla
By mjbjjt@aol.com on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

We acquired this Toyota Corolla new. It has been a total pleasure to own and drive. In 50,000 miles, we have had no repair problems. It handles smoothly and effortlessly. It produces excellent gas milage, 30 mpg. We would not hesitate to acquire another Toyota Corrolla.

The Corollinator as she's well known as.
By Jon Austin on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car out of college cause it was a decent looking car and it had all the options extra options I was looking for like CD, power roof, alloy wheels, spoiler, wood trim, etc. at 12, 000 mi. I detailed cars for a living through school and she gets a good hows your father once a summer. It now has 93,000 and I've only had to put one set of front brakes and tires on it. That's it. I took it in for brakes at 60k and they told me "Nah, you got another 20 some odd thousand left on them. To this day, the car has a great finish, one crack in the vinyl on the side of the drivers seat. If you want a decent car that runs like a tank....Corollinator!

1 Quality Car
By Terry H. on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Toyota's Corolla simply can't be beat for a quality car. My car has over 104,000 miles on it and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute taking it for a trip across the country. I average 39 m.p.g. on the highway and 32 m.p.g. in the city. Not too bad for a 4 door small car. It's easy to park and manuver in city driving. Both rear seats drop for extra luggage space. The A/C and heater will simply blow you away. For long distance driving it can become a little cramped, but not terribly so. If you do the basic stuff to take care of it, it'll reward you with years of cheap, fun driving.

Most Dependable
By Shail on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Bought at 83k year and half ago. Now has 110k with no major problems. I had to do brake job which I know at the time of purchase. Still you feel like it can go upto 200k without any problems.

6 years later - still strong
By RRP on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for over 6 years now. Unfortunately, I will need to part with it as the kids are older and don't fit comfortably in it any longer. I have only changed the tires on my car, nothing else. I change the oil of course. I loved this car and am sorry that I must part with it.

Review of the Toyota Corolla 1997 DX
By florence walton on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

No problems; battery needs replacement at this time. Small dent, hardly viewable, on right front fender. Car has been utterly reliable, easily driven, easy to care for.

One Great Car
By kdblossom on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after it had been wrecked. It was easy to have fixed and you can't tell it has ever been wrecked. It gets the same mileage as a new Corolla. It also has some get up and go when you want it to. The biggest problem I have noted is that the seat belts could be a little sturdier. I had to replace the drivers side as it did not work correctly. The people at my local dealership say this is a VERY common problem. Also, I hate were the cup holder is. However, I really love this car and do not regret buying it.

Can't Go Wrong!
By Larry d on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

It's hard to kill a Corolla of any year!

Best Compact Sedan on the Market!
By Flyest on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased my car (two months ago) and I have fell in love with it. It looks great, it’s reliable, and it has great gas mileage. I have the DX model, with all of the possible features, and I have to say...it is the "Queen" of all other 1997 Corollas. I would definitely recommend a Corolla to anyone.

Better than a Ford
By prevaly on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This car is the most reliable car out there. I had this car for a long time. It never gave me any problem. I did not have to change anything on this car. I had the car oil change every 4,000 miles and it still run smoothly. I had a 98 ford before and it gave me nothing but problem. if you want reliable car pick a toyota.