1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
One satisfied customer
By Ninotchka on 05/24/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Only scheduled maintenance so far ... one previous owner (1997-2004) kept great records, though. The build quality is its best attribute; before I bought the car, I asked my mechanic what he would want to work on -- what had parts that are easy to get to, etc. He mentioned four or five vehicles, and I continued my research. This was a GREAT buy.

none
By johnhart44 on 02/10/05 14:48 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

nice car overall - fun to drive. A good value for the money. Would buy another one.

Great little car
By lilnel on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Fantastic mileage, excellent reliability, minimal problems.

Zippy and fun
By mjmihal on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I drive my 97 Toyota Corolla around town for the most part; about 11,000 miles per year. The car operates wonderfully in town. It has good pick- up and is nimble around turns. It has enough room to fit 4 passengers comfortably. The trunk space is surprisingly roomy as well. It is low to the ground, punches forward when you tap the accelerator, and corners on a dime.

Great car to own
By Rima on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

The car is very reliable. I bought it new and in the 7 years I owned it, it only broke once (minor repair - starter cable wore off). It gets great mileage, both in the city and on the highway. It is comfortable to drive, and spacious enough for 5 people. Good investment if you ask me.

best car yet
By gone with the wind on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is the first toyota car I have ever owned, and I would be hard-pressed to buy anything else. I had a lot of problems with all of my GM automobiles. This car has always gotten me where I wanted to go. Toyota is definitely a more reliable car than GM. Why would you buy anything else?

a good reliable car
By sjones on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

i recieved thhis car from my mother and the mileage was already high(97000). this car has given me no problems so long as i kept the required maintenance done,...trans, tune up, iol change, wipers, tires. she's getting up there but can move with the best of em' on the highway,..the interior is durable, she climbs hills well,the ride is good and it turns on every morning, heat, defog or air needed. you wouldn't be sorry,......we are 134.000 strong,..its a tru love affair

1997 Corolla - Great Car!
By ShariB on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Easy to drive, powerful little car that still gets 33-35 mpg. After 122,000 miles, not a single mechanical problem. I'll be drivind this car for a few more years.

Affordable Dependability
By Jim40 on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

We've had this 1997 Corolla since December 1999. It's a well built, dependable car. Good styling, cranks every time, well-designed inside and out. It's easy to manuever in traffic and it's very easy to park. We have no plans to sell it; we'll keep it for many years to come. We traded an '87 Ford Taurus for this car. The Taurus gave us nothing but trouble. It was always in the shop for mechanical repairs. We've have never had to put the Corolla in the shop. Keep up the good work, Toyota!!

Great Car
By Mixie on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I have never had even one problem with this car. It is the most practical, durable car, and I wish I didn't have to part with it ever. It is the number one worry-free car. As long as its taken care of properly, it will far outlast any other car.