Used 1997 Toyota Corolla CE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great Car !!
By Jasmine

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car two years ago with 227,000 miles on it ! Yes I know , a lot lol . This car is very durable . Only repairs I've made were the brake lights , tires , and struts . My car now has 266,000 miles on it and it and still runs like new !

Safety outweighs fun!
By DrPhil321

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

It's 2010 and I got this car over a year ago, has 70,000 miles. No problems! Looks old, and I'm 6'2" so it's hard to fit in it. The A/C also poor. This is a point A to point B car.

No problems!

N/A

AWESOME!
By Fatina

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 11 years and the only major work done is timing belt, water pump and starter. I have a little over 218,000 miles and it just keeps on ticking.

Reliable despite very basic maintenance.
By Amit M.

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new - 5 sp. manual transmission. The car now has over 130K miles on it. Never performed any of the manufacturer-recommended scheduled maintenance. Change oil every 7000 miles (need to add a quart every 2000 miles or so). Haven't yet changed the timing belt. Original battery died after 10.5 years. Replaced front brakes and spark plugs at 100K miles (neither was probably necessary). I've been commuting 120 miles each day for over an year now - get 37-40 mpg on highway during winter (Connecticut), 42-45 mpg on highway during summer! I do keep my speed in check. Used to get lower mpg when they used to add MTBE instead of ethanol in the fuel.

MPG. Much better reliability than my 2000 Sienna.

Trunk light, intermittent wiper.

The Best Car Ever
By Sophia

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I, unfortunately, was forced to sell my car 6 months ago because of a move. It was the best car ever! My mom purchased it new in 1997 and she passed it on to me with 30,000 miles in 2000. I drove it on long trips, long commutes, and stop and go traffic for 8 years and it NEVER gave me any trouble. The only thing I changed on it is the battery after 9 years of use and the tires because of normal wear and tear. I did regular maintenance on it to make sure it stayed happy and that's all I needed to do. I miss that car so much. If you get a chance to get one, buy it, you will not be disappointed!

I wish it was little faster or had a little more pick up.