Used 1997 Toyota Corolla DX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

My car has 341000 miles
By Myriam

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Happy that my Corolla has 341000 miles and runs well. I absolutely love my Corolla!

An Old Reliable Friend
By Tom

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1997 Corolla back in 2005 with under 60,000 miles. Today it has over 266,000 miles. The car has been a stalwart companion over the last 10+ years. Up until 2 years ago the only maintenance items were changing the brakes, battery and tires. I will say the A/C broke a few years into the purchase, and I never got it fixed, but you get used to that. Over the last few years had to put an alternator, serpentine belt, spark plug wires and starter; but considering the first 180,000 miles of ownership went so smooth, I guess it is to be expected.

I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for something simple, no nonsense and needs a reliable ride.

Long life
By rothkclark

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Sold it in June of 2010 in order to buy an SUV. Great MPG and lasted! There was nothing wrong with it when I sold it. Had 194,000 miles and ran almost perfect. Sold it for $1,800 even though KBB listing was $2,200. Overall, it was great.

Amazing
By eesseJ

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is my third vehicle this year and by far the best. the second i got in this car and started driving it i was in love. I no longer am wasting gas as i did in my truck, cause getting more then 18mpg is almost orgasmic to me. If your looking into corolla's for your kids first cruiser, your 8th wonder or whatever, seriously buy one because you will not regret it at all.

How fast it really can go first day i took it out got it to 100 easily.

a bigger center console because i like to rest my right arm while driving but its fine cause there is one, just a lil low for my height.

Keep on making them rollas
By Brandon Wilson

1997 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My 1997 Corolla has been the only car that I ever owned and no doubt that I will probably let this baby go anytime soon. I had this car for 6 years and it's got over 215,000 miles on the original motor and automatic transmission. I purchased this car on 6/2003 with 52,352 miles at a dealership. The only major service work done on my corolla was a valve cover gasket, timing belt, and a water pump. Other than that, this car has never left me stranded on the road.

The Value Package, Power windows, ABS are good options but the ability to add aftermarket exhaust parts is the most exciting thing that I put on my car.

Add cruise control on all DX models, sunroof, sportier trim package and a better sound system.