1995 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Total Reliability!

1995 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

Total Reliability!
By phillie phanatic on

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I have used this car primarily for work commute of 60+ miles one way. It has gone through pouring rainstorms, snow storms, and ice all as easily as on a dry road. I have never been stuck or left stranded by this car. No matter how cold it's been outside, it has never failed to start right up. My only repairs were routine; oil & filter changes, tires, belts, etc. This little baby is a 5-speed stick and didn't need a new clutch until 198,000 miles! After 274,000+ miles, it is still getting 36 mpg! It just passed inspection and 1st time emissions test without a single problem! I could not have asked for anything better and this little car is still going strong!!

The absolute dependability & reliability. I've never had to worry about anything mechanically with this car. High mpg (40-41 on the highway during the 1st 5 years) and low maintenance costs. Despite its small size, it has plenty of zip for merging and driving on highways,

Probably due to its small size, when I have the back seat full of people, the side windows tend to fog up quickly in the winter. It clears easily with the defrosters cranked up and maybe cracking the windows a bit. I consider it a small price to pay for everything else this car delivers.