1995 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - The Little Tank

1995 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

DX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

The Little Tank
By BTD on

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I just inherited this car from my Mom yesterday, but I've driven it a lot over the years. She's owned it since '95 and drives 56 mi. round trip to work 5 days a wk. It has NEVER had to go to the shop for anything other than ordinary maintenance. If you take care of this car, it will take care of you. Yes, it has a few insignificant rattles, but it has 178,000 miles on it. Obviously, I rated it low in the "fun to drive" & "performance" categories because it's a 1.8 L 4-cyl car. No excitement behind this wheel, but w/ gas prices what they are + the incredible reliability, I'll take the tradeoff. The car is easy to drive (and park) though, and isn't slow to the point that it's annoying.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Good on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously, more pep would be nice, but hey..it's a '95 4 cylinder. The only other minor gripes I would have are the 3-speed windshield wipers (one more speed would be nice) and the heater/AC controls could be a little simpler. Very insignificant stuff.