Used 1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

I love this car
By klbvxf

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love love love this car. Bought it used with 113k on it and after 2 years she's at 143k. Gets 32 mpg combined. In 2 years the only thing I've had to do is replace the tires and get the oil changed. It has been going through a lot of brake fluid lately due to a small leak, but nothing worth worrying about. The trunk is huge and I love the fold down back seat. Mine does vibrate a lot at higher speeds and when you first start it, but not enough to be a problem. I thank this car on a regular basis for being so good to me.

Huge trunk, super reliable, great gas mileage!

Better quality speakers, cupholders in a better spot and made bigger (the current ones do not hold most bottles and have trouble with large sized cups). Other than that I love it!

The Corolla that could
By Pat

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My 1st Toyota and it won't be my last. Extremely dependable, great mileage, not a show stopper but beauty is only skin deep. My daughter borrowed it the other day and on her way home from work she was rear ended/side swiped by a car at 60 mph. Rear quarter panel damaged, bumper pushed in to tire but structural integrity of trunk and balance of car intact. Daughter suffered minor whiplash, bumped her knee on dash and got a slight bruise from the shoulder strap which did a fine job holding her back from the windshield. The other 7 cars the driver hit didn't fare as well - my daughter walked away. Thanks Toyota!

I'm not much for glitz but a little more padding in the seats would be nice. Additional vents for a/c and heat in the back would be an improvement although I've never gotten any complaints.

Toyota Corolla 1995
By dly

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever had. First Corolla 1979 model had over 300,000 miles before engine was done. 1995 Corolla have only had to change starter couple of times.

Light in the trunk

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By My Hooptie

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love my Corolla. I drive it almost everyday. I put approx 156,000 miles on it myself, I bought my '95 Corolla brand new off the show room floor. It has been up and down the east coast many times. Out of all the cars I have owned in my lifetime my little hooptie has outlasted them all. Whenever I fly out of town I tend to rent Corollas for dependability Within the next 22 months God willing I will be retiring & I am contemplating on buying another car & you can bet your bottom dollar it will be another Toyota, I have no intention of getting rid of my little Hooptie. I intend to drive it until it can't be driven any more. Trust me, if I didn't like it I would've gotten rid of it years ago

Even though it has 4 cylinders It can really hang in there with some of the big dogs. I love the quick start in cold/hot weather. I like when I have large items to transport I fold the rear seats down and push the big items right through the trunk and can still close it.

Like anything else with age it tends to get a little noisy, I believe a little more insullation can fix that. The drivers seat can use a little more padding it's begining to wear a little thin from years of use But then what do you expect I'm really not a feather weight person. I have no complaints.

Like a good pair of old jeans..
By Carlos-Puerto Rico

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

For me it's car # 5...but the best till now and I think that it will be hard to top. I have a 2000 Sienna, but not even this excellent family taxi can top my little warrior. I have had her for 10 years now and I do not have a doubt in my mind that I'll have her for 5 years more... with help from God maybe 20 yrs, even in an island like Puerto Rico which is known to be tough on cars even the tough SUV's.

Best features are reliability, value, solid construction, comfort.

A Toyota Factory replenishing program for old die hards like the Corolla 1995 that give the Toyota comp. such a excellent reputation & free publicity.