1995 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
The Corolla that could
By Pat on 08/24/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

My 1st Toyota and it won't be my last. Extremely dependable, great mileage, not a show stopper but beauty is only skin deep. My daughter borrowed it the other day and on her way home from work she was rear ended/side swiped by a car at 60 mph. Rear quarter panel damaged, bumper pushed in to tire but structural integrity of trunk and balance of car intact. Daughter suffered minor whiplash, bumped her knee on dash and got a slight bruise from the shoulder strap which did a fine job holding her back from the windshield. The other 7 cars the driver hit didn't fare as well - my daughter walked away. Thanks Toyota!

Toyota Corolla 1995
By dly on 07/07/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever had. First Corolla 1979 model had over 300,000 miles before engine was done. 1995 Corolla have only had to change starter couple of times.

Love it
By sara on 06/18/06 20:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

I love this car. I could afford a new car, but I will drive this til it dies. Great gas mileage 25-30. Hauls lots of stuff but is small enough for parking in tight spaces.

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By My Hooptie on 05/30/06 15:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I love my Corolla. I drive it almost everyday. I put approx 156,000 miles on it myself, I bought my '95 Corolla brand new off the show room floor. It has been up and down the east coast many times. Out of all the cars I have owned in my lifetime my little hooptie has outlasted them all. Whenever I fly out of town I tend to rent Corollas for dependability Within the next 22 months God willing I will be retiring & I am contemplating on buying another car & you can bet your bottom dollar it will be another Toyota, I have no intention of getting rid of my little Hooptie. I intend to drive it until it can't be driven any more. Trust me, if I didn't like it I would've gotten rid of it years ago

Like a good pair of old jeans..
By Carlos-Puerto Rico on 11/17/05 12:28 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

For me it's car # 5...but the best till now and I think that it will be hard to top. I have a 2000 Sienna, but not even this excellent family taxi can top my little warrior. I have had her for 10 years now and I do not have a doubt in my mind that I'll have her for 5 years more... with help from God maybe 20 yrs, even in an island like Puerto Rico which is known to be tough on cars even the tough SUV's.

Love my Little Station Wagon
By Martha on 08/23/05 12:18 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

July 4, 2005, was my tenth anniversary with this car. I will keep it until it falls to pieces. It has good fuel economy, fits in tight parking spaces, and holds a ton of stuff when the rear seat is folded down. It's also peppy on the highway. I have had no major repairs in 72,000 miles. Unfortunately Toyota stopped making Corolla station wagons in 1996, so I can't get another one. I'd buy another in a minute.

LIKE AN OLD FRIEND
By Dupepraw on 08/11/05 19:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 1995 and never took it back to the dealer for any work only oil changes. It has been the best car that we have ever owned to date and has never let us down. It still has the original exhaust system, maybe because it was undercoated from the beginning and ever since, we live in a cold winter of Canada. It is not a car to excite you or burn up the pavement, just a good car for every day use and not to line the pockets of mechanics with gold. Would buy another, but with 8400km., why bother, it may be old but it gets where I what to go.

Total Reliability!
By phillie phanatic on 11/05/04 10:04 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I have used this car primarily for work commute of 60+ miles one way. It has gone through pouring rainstorms, snow storms, and ice all as easily as on a dry road. I have never been stuck or left stranded by this car. No matter how cold it's been outside, it has never failed to start right up. My only repairs were routine; oil & filter changes, tires, belts, etc. This little baby is a 5-speed stick and didn't need a new clutch until 198,000 miles! After 274,000+ miles, it is still getting 36 mpg! It just passed inspection and 1st time emissions test without a single problem! I could not have asked for anything better and this little car is still going strong!!

Engine will out live the body
By mathis30240 on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Although I'm a truck guy, I can't kill this car. I needed a reliable car to get back and forth from work, and this is it. I got the car for $800 from a friend. It needed the LF Hub replaced (additional $100). Cars been great. Taught my son to drive stick in this car. It took a beating, but the car survived!

1995 toyota review
By arthur joyal on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

Probably the world's best auto design, for quality and reliability and economics. Toyota should be congradulated for making a sound investment in engineering and manufacture.