Used 1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

"Old Reliable"
By Monique Renne

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine new right after I graduated from college. Twenty years later, it is still my main car with almost 250,000 miles. I have only had to do routine maintenance and purchases (brakes, tires, tune-ups, oil changes, 1 serpentine belt), and one alternator. It has decent power (easy acceleration). The ride is rougher than some vehicles and road handling depends a lot on the tires, I think. Excellent mileage for a 20-year-old car: 20-35 mpg. It's not nearly as quiet inside as it used to be and it's old. I lived on the coast for a few years and the paint is slowly fading. Whenever I am tempted to buy a new car, though, all I have to do is talk to my friends and family who have purchased new vehicles. I have never found as reliable a car as the 1995 Toyota Corolla. It was built when the Toyota name stood for quality.

corolla
By johnparcel

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I use have this car it performance was poor and car didn't had road grip at all this car only good of rough use driving on high way at high speed is a big no for this car the car had very poor break build quality was excellent

build quality

road grip and breaking

Most reliable car ever owned
By jshepherd9417

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car is very reliable. bought the car in 04 with 80k miles on it from an older woman who kept great care of it. Now in 2012, it has 175k miles and the only thing replaced on it was a starter and a clutch. Got the car when i was 16 and is a great starter car for a teen because it is great on gas and will last for a really long time. The only thing bad about it is the rear leg room is awful. Not the best car on space, but would definitely recommend a corolla to anyone interested. Really nice car!

The first car i drove.
By xmoparmanx

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I used this car as a teenager before i got my truck (thank GOD i finally look like a man) and it was a good car to learn to drive in. that is, if you dont mind looking like a little guy. but for real now. the car is very reliable for the most part. the few problems we've had with the car is the powersteering pump failing, the alternator breaking, and the starter not working. but other than that its been quite reliable. the only thing though is, it is in no way a high speed car. i drove this thing on the interstate and i was scared to go 70 cause the engine was pushing as hard as its little self could.

comfortable steering wheel, VERY easy to drive around town and what not, great mileage, good get-around car for you and your friends to ride around, reliable, great handling.

more powerful motor but thats just the male in me. I now drive a 5.2 Liter V8 motor powered truck.

I Believe This Car Will Last Forever!
By doctorken2k

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My family bought this car new 15 years ago and after two major accidents and having the belts, the starter, and alternator replaced, this car is still going strong after 204,000 miles. The only time this car goes to the shop is to have the brakes changed and tires replaced, rotated, or balanced and that is a rare thing for this car. I change the oil myself. I never had a transmission problem out of this car either. Although this car will probably last forever, it's body will not. The paint is chipping and interior is detoriating, but that comes with ever old car. Soon, I will be getting another Toyota or Scion although there has been recalls. Those recalls will pass like time and Toyota will become a reliable brand again. I am afraid to drive anything else especially the big 3!

It is small and compact like a little sports car although it isn't. LOL! I just let the seat back all the way. Mileage is great although it is 15 years old and has over 204,000 miles on it.

Just make it a little longer for taller drivers so they won't have to let the seat back all the way.

• SUV