1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Most reliable car ever owned
By jshepherd9417 on 08/12/12 22:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car is very reliable. bought the car in 04 with 80k miles on it from an older woman who kept great care of it. Now in 2012, it has 175k miles and the only thing replaced on it was a starter and a clutch. Got the car when i was 16 and is a great starter car for a teen because it is great on gas and will last for a really long time. The only thing bad about it is the rear leg room is awful. Not the best car on space, but would definitely recommend a corolla to anyone interested. Really nice car!

The first car i drove.
By xmoparmanx on 04/24/11 18:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I used this car as a teenager before i got my truck (thank GOD i finally look like a man) and it was a good car to learn to drive in. that is, if you dont mind looking like a little guy. but for real now. the car is very reliable for the most part. the few problems we've had with the car is the powersteering pump failing, the alternator breaking, and the starter not working. but other than that its been quite reliable. the only thing though is, it is in no way a high speed car. i drove this thing on the interstate and i was scared to go 70 cause the engine was pushing as hard as its little self could.

I Believe This Car Will Last Forever!
By doctorken2k on 12/28/10 19:55 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My family bought this car new 15 years ago and after two major accidents and having the belts, the starter, and alternator replaced, this car is still going strong after 204,000 miles. The only time this car goes to the shop is to have the brakes changed and tires replaced, rotated, or balanced and that is a rare thing for this car. I change the oil myself. I never had a transmission problem out of this car either. Although this car will probably last forever, it's body will not. The paint is chipping and interior is detoriating, but that comes with ever old car. Soon, I will be getting another Toyota or Scion although there has been recalls. Those recalls will pass like time and Toyota will become a reliable brand again. I am afraid to drive anything else especially the big 3!

Fantastic Car
By dan on 07/29/10 16:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My family has owned our 1995 corolla since it was brand new. It was passed on to me and my brother when we were 18 or so, and the car has never had any significant problems. The 7AFE engine is bulletproof. 250,000 miles on this thing and it is still running perfectly.

Good all around car.
By gps_junky on 08/19/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great car. Sad to see it go down the road. But my clutch has slipped away. Not the most comfortable car for a 6 foot male. My knee was always rubbing the middle radio area, or cup holder thing. I think they could have made it a tad bigger. Good gas mileage all in all. Had over 230,000 miles on it and still seemed to be good on gas. My back seat back rest seemed to come loose over time. Not sure what that's all about. You can still sit in it and its still safe, just couldn't figure out how to put it back on.

Two generations could not kill it
By Beppie on 01/16/09 09:38 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I loved this little car! It was reliable even when I gave it to my children. It seemed to even like abuse. The only problems were in the electrical hardware. The car went through alternators every 60K and a starter every 40K. Could be driving habits. At this time, it has 400K and still goes. I have a Honda now, but my next car will be a Corolla again

The Little Tank
By BTD on 11/30/07 13:13 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I just inherited this car from my Mom yesterday, but I've driven it a lot over the years. She's owned it since '95 and drives 56 mi. round trip to work 5 days a wk. It has NEVER had to go to the shop for anything other than ordinary maintenance. If you take care of this car, it will take care of you. Yes, it has a few insignificant rattles, but it has 178,000 miles on it. Obviously, I rated it low in the "fun to drive" & "performance" categories because it's a 1.8 L 4-cyl car. No excitement behind this wheel, but w/ gas prices what they are + the incredible reliability, I'll take the tradeoff. The car is easy to drive (and park) though, and isn't slow to the point that it's annoying.

Disappointing change
By Ellen on 10/17/07 21:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have now owned several Toyota Corollas with this being my fifth. I purchased this 1995 model from my mother in law in 2001 when it only had about 10,000 km. Previously my Corollas were 5 speed so this is my first automatic. I was pleased with the car for the first couple of years but I've just recently had a large transmission job completed due to leaking seals. My mechanic told me this has been common to this year and model and I'm very disappointed that Toyota did not recall these vehicles and pay to have the transmissions fixed. I am also very annoyed at ongoing engine noise which occurs upon acceleration. The soft idle turns to a tank sound.

I love this car
By klbvxf on 05/14/07 10:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love love love this car. Bought it used with 113k on it and after 2 years she's at 143k. Gets 32 mpg combined. In 2 years the only thing I've had to do is replace the tires and get the oil changed. It has been going through a lot of brake fluid lately due to a small leak, but nothing worth worrying about. The trunk is huge and I love the fold down back seat. Mine does vibrate a lot at higher speeds and when you first start it, but not enough to be a problem. I thank this car on a regular basis for being so good to me.

The Corolla that could
By Pat on 08/24/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My 1st Toyota and it won't be my last. Extremely dependable, great mileage, not a show stopper but beauty is only skin deep. My daughter borrowed it the other day and on her way home from work she was rear ended/side swiped by a car at 60 mph. Rear quarter panel damaged, bumper pushed in to tire but structural integrity of trunk and balance of car intact. Daughter suffered minor whiplash, bumped her knee on dash and got a slight bruise from the shoulder strap which did a fine job holding her back from the windshield. The other 7 cars the driver hit didn't fare as well - my daughter walked away. Thanks Toyota!