Used 1995 Toyota Corolla Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

corolla
By johnparcel

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I use have this car it performance was poor and car didn't had road grip at all this car only good of rough use driving on high way at high speed is a big no for this car the car had very poor break build quality was excellent

Favorite Features

build quality

Suggested Improvements

road grip and breaking

The first car i drove.
By xmoparmanx

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I used this car as a teenager before i got my truck (thank GOD i finally look like a man) and it was a good car to learn to drive in. that is, if you dont mind looking like a little guy. but for real now. the car is very reliable for the most part. the few problems we've had with the car is the powersteering pump failing, the alternator breaking, and the starter not working. but other than that its been quite reliable. the only thing though is, it is in no way a high speed car. i drove this thing on the interstate and i was scared to go 70 cause the engine was pushing as hard as its little self could.

Favorite Features

comfortable steering wheel, VERY easy to drive around town and what not, great mileage, good get-around car for you and your friends to ride around, reliable, great handling.

Suggested Improvements

more powerful motor but thats just the male in me. I now drive a 5.2 Liter V8 motor powered truck.

Good all around car.
By gps_junky

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Great car. Sad to see it go down the road. But my clutch has slipped away. Not the most comfortable car for a 6 foot male. My knee was always rubbing the middle radio area, or cup holder thing. I think they could have made it a tad bigger. Good gas mileage all in all. Had over 230,000 miles on it and still seemed to be good on gas. My back seat back rest seemed to come loose over time. Not sure what that's all about. You can still sit in it and its still safe, just couldn't figure out how to put it back on.

Favorite Features

Did seem to get up and go even with so many miles. (Don't tell anyone), but I had it at 110 mph even with over 225,000 miles on it. Still purrrrs like a kitten and starts up every time.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements? Easier to find replacement parts. Even tho it never seems to need them.

Toyota Corolla 1995
By dly

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever had. First Corolla 1979 model had over 300,000 miles before engine was done. 1995 Corolla have only had to change starter couple of times.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Light in the trunk

Total Reliability!
By phillie phanatic

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I have used this car primarily for work commute of 60+ miles one way. It has gone through pouring rainstorms, snow storms, and ice all as easily as on a dry road. I have never been stuck or left stranded by this car. No matter how cold it's been outside, it has never failed to start right up. My only repairs were routine; oil & filter changes, tires, belts, etc. This little baby is a 5-speed stick and didn't need a new clutch until 198,000 miles! After 274,000+ miles, it is still getting 36 mpg! It just passed inspection and 1st time emissions test without a single problem! I could not have asked for anything better and this little car is still going strong!!

Favorite Features

The absolute dependability & reliability. I've never had to worry about anything mechanically with this car. High mpg (40-41 on the highway during the 1st 5 years) and low maintenance costs. Despite its small size, it has plenty of zip for merging and driving on highways,

Suggested Improvements

Probably due to its small size, when I have the back seat full of people, the side windows tend to fog up quickly in the winter. It clears easily with the defrosters cranked up and maybe cracking the windows a bit. I consider it a small price to pay for everything else this car delivers.