1995 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

DX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Most reliable car ever owned
By jshepherd9417 on 08/12/12 22:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This car is very reliable. bought the car in 04 with 80k miles on it from an older woman who kept great care of it. Now in 2012, it has 175k miles and the only thing replaced on it was a starter and a clutch. Got the car when i was 16 and is a great starter car for a teen because it is great on gas and will last for a really long time. The only thing bad about it is the rear leg room is awful. Not the best car on space, but would definitely recommend a corolla to anyone interested. Really nice car!

Fantastic Car
By dan on 07/29/10 16:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

My family has owned our 1995 corolla since it was brand new. It was passed on to me and my brother when we were 18 or so, and the car has never had any significant problems. The 7AFE engine is bulletproof. 250,000 miles on this thing and it is still running perfectly.

Two generations could not kill it
By Beppie on 01/16/09 09:38 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I loved this little car! It was reliable even when I gave it to my children. It seemed to even like abuse. The only problems were in the electrical hardware. The car went through alternators every 60K and a starter every 40K. Could be driving habits. At this time, it has 400K and still goes. I have a Honda now, but my next car will be a Corolla again

The Little Tank
By BTD on 11/30/07 13:13 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I just inherited this car from my Mom yesterday, but I've driven it a lot over the years. She's owned it since '95 and drives 56 mi. round trip to work 5 days a wk. It has NEVER had to go to the shop for anything other than ordinary maintenance. If you take care of this car, it will take care of you. Yes, it has a few insignificant rattles, but it has 178,000 miles on it. Obviously, I rated it low in the "fun to drive" & "performance" categories because it's a 1.8 L 4-cyl car. No excitement behind this wheel, but w/ gas prices what they are + the incredible reliability, I'll take the tradeoff. The car is easy to drive (and park) though, and isn't slow to the point that it's annoying.

Disappointing change
By Ellen on 10/17/07 21:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I have now owned several Toyota Corollas with this being my fifth. I purchased this 1995 model from my mother in law in 2001 when it only had about 10,000 km. Previously my Corollas were 5 speed so this is my first automatic. I was pleased with the car for the first couple of years but I've just recently had a large transmission job completed due to leaking seals. My mechanic told me this has been common to this year and model and I'm very disappointed that Toyota did not recall these vehicles and pay to have the transmissions fixed. I am also very annoyed at ongoing engine noise which occurs upon acceleration. The soft idle turns to a tank sound.

I love this car
By klbvxf on 05/14/07 10:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I love love love this car. Bought it used with 113k on it and after 2 years she's at 143k. Gets 32 mpg combined. In 2 years the only thing I've had to do is replace the tires and get the oil changed. It has been going through a lot of brake fluid lately due to a small leak, but nothing worth worrying about. The trunk is huge and I love the fold down back seat. Mine does vibrate a lot at higher speeds and when you first start it, but not enough to be a problem. I thank this car on a regular basis for being so good to me.

The Corolla that could
By Pat on 08/24/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

My 1st Toyota and it won't be my last. Extremely dependable, great mileage, not a show stopper but beauty is only skin deep. My daughter borrowed it the other day and on her way home from work she was rear ended/side swiped by a car at 60 mph. Rear quarter panel damaged, bumper pushed in to tire but structural integrity of trunk and balance of car intact. Daughter suffered minor whiplash, bumped her knee on dash and got a slight bruise from the shoulder strap which did a fine job holding her back from the windshield. The other 7 cars the driver hit didn't fare as well - my daughter walked away. Thanks Toyota!

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'
By My Hooptie on 05/30/06 15:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I love my Corolla. I drive it almost everyday. I put approx 156,000 miles on it myself, I bought my '95 Corolla brand new off the show room floor. It has been up and down the east coast many times. Out of all the cars I have owned in my lifetime my little hooptie has outlasted them all. Whenever I fly out of town I tend to rent Corollas for dependability Within the next 22 months God willing I will be retiring & I am contemplating on buying another car & you can bet your bottom dollar it will be another Toyota, I have no intention of getting rid of my little Hooptie. I intend to drive it until it can't be driven any more. Trust me, if I didn't like it I would've gotten rid of it years ago

Like a good pair of old jeans..
By Carlos-Puerto Rico on 11/17/05 12:28 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

For me it's car # 5...but the best till now and I think that it will be hard to top. I have a 2000 Sienna, but not even this excellent family taxi can top my little warrior. I have had her for 10 years now and I do not have a doubt in my mind that I'll have her for 5 years more... with help from God maybe 20 yrs, even in an island like Puerto Rico which is known to be tough on cars even the tough SUV's.

LIKE AN OLD FRIEND
By Dupepraw on 08/11/05 19:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 1995 and never took it back to the dealer for any work only oil changes. It has been the best car that we have ever owned to date and has never let us down. It still has the original exhaust system, maybe because it was undercoated from the beginning and ever since, we live in a cold winter of Canada. It is not a car to excite you or burn up the pavement, just a good car for every day use and not to line the pockets of mechanics with gold. Would buy another, but with 8400km., why bother, it may be old but it gets where I what to go.