Used 1995 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Most Helpful|
corolla
By johnparcel

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I use have this car it performance was poor and car didn't had road grip at all this car only good of rough use driving on high way at high speed is a big no for this car the car had very poor break build quality was excellent

Favorite Features

build quality

Suggested Improvements

road grip and breaking

LIKE AN OLD FRIEND
By Dupepraw

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 1995 and never took it back to the dealer for any work only oil changes. It has been the best car that we have ever owned to date and has never let us down. It still has the original exhaust system, maybe because it was undercoated from the beginning and ever since, we live in a cold winter of Canada. It is not a car to excite you or burn up the pavement, just a good car for every day use and not to line the pockets of mechanics with gold. Would buy another, but with 8400km., why bother, it may be old but it gets where I what to go.

Favorite Features

Reliable, like the rear sets that fold down for more truck room, ride is okay, good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power 2-liter or better, better seats, dash lay out and higher off the ground.

Disappointing change
By Ellen

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I have now owned several Toyota Corollas with this being my fifth. I purchased this 1995 model from my mother in law in 2001 when it only had about 10,000 km. Previously my Corollas were 5 speed so this is my first automatic. I was pleased with the car for the first couple of years but I've just recently had a large transmission job completed due to leaking seals. My mechanic told me this has been common to this year and model and I'm very disappointed that Toyota did not recall these vehicles and pay to have the transmissions fixed. I am also very annoyed at ongoing engine noise which occurs upon acceleration. The soft idle turns to a tank sound.

Suggested Improvements

Publish suggestions to reduce engine noise. My other Toyotas were not noisy like this car.

Fantastic Car
By dan

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

My family has owned our 1995 corolla since it was brand new. It was passed on to me and my brother when we were 18 or so, and the car has never had any significant problems. The 7AFE engine is bulletproof. 250,000 miles on this thing and it is still running perfectly.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, classic looks

Suggested Improvements

Problems with driver side power window, lack of ABS

The Little Tank
By BTD

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I just inherited this car from my Mom yesterday, but I've driven it a lot over the years. She's owned it since '95 and drives 56 mi. round trip to work 5 days a wk. It has NEVER had to go to the shop for anything other than ordinary maintenance. If you take care of this car, it will take care of you. Yes, it has a few insignificant rattles, but it has 178,000 miles on it. Obviously, I rated it low in the "fun to drive" & "performance" categories because it's a 1.8 L 4-cyl car. No excitement behind this wheel, but w/ gas prices what they are + the incredible reliability, I'll take the tradeoff. The car is easy to drive (and park) though, and isn't slow to the point that it's annoying.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Good on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously, more pep would be nice, but hey..it's a '95 4 cylinder. The only other minor gripes I would have are the 3-speed windshield wipers (one more speed would be nice) and the heater/AC controls could be a little simpler. Very insignificant stuff.