1994 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: The Little Car That Won't Die

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Review

The Little Car That Won't Die
By Allan on

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This is one RELIABLE vehicle! I use it to drive long distances over a three state area. It was purchased by my wife nine years ago and I took over driving it with 86000 miles on it when we bought a Camry that she wanted to drive. I now have 208000 miles on it and it shows no sign of letting up. I perform regular maintenance on it. Only problem we had with it was the alternator and one of front CV joints. (both were replaced) This little baby has great pickup from a stop and plenty of power at higher speeds. (ever drive I95 north of Richmond, you know what I mean) I understand that this particular car was built in Japan - those guys sure knew what they are doing didn't they?

I love the mileage it gets. Car has averaged 34.73 mpg in city or highway or whatever driving. This is EVERY single gallon it has burned since we've had it. Can "fill 'er up" for just $20.00 and get over 400 miles per tank. Pretty good isn't it with gas costing what it does nowadays!

No improvements - Toyota really did it right when they built this car. We just purchased a second Camry this week and we don't need 3 cars so it looks like we will be selling our Corolla. It has been so good that I hate to let it go. I'll never be able to get what it's been worth to me out of it.