I'm loving my rolla
By Todd on
1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan
I bought this car used with 139,000 miles on it. About 4 months later, I'm up to 145,000. This was just going to be a "drive to work" car to save gas. Now, it's a drive all the time car. It's so easy to maneuver around town, I can't stand to drive my Taurus anymore. Gas mileage is generally around 32/33 mixed use. Have not had any mechanical issues AT ALL. Standard low beam lights were a little too low for me but the bright lights were the brightest I'd seen on a car. Rear defrost is nice and this car heats up very quickly. Even with the fan off, it will roast you at full temperature. Car has plenty of power at full speed but pick-up leaves something to be desired.
Favorite Features
I change my own oil and this one is the easiest out of a dozen cars I've owned. Can reach right down from top of engine and unscrew filter. Turn radius is awesome. Nice sized trunk (with light) and excellent heat and defrost. Easy to maneuver and rarely feel blown around on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
Acceleration isn't the greatest. I usually get passed starting off at red lights, especially uphill. My 93 Honda Civic is much quicker on getting up to speed. The cupholders don't fit 20 oz bottles which is what I normally drink but they fit okay in the console. Small sacrifices for a great car.