Goes the Distance
By Toyota4eva on
1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon
Bought my 1994 wagon fresh off the 1st production line in Sept '93 (The last yr made in Japan). I don't drive much and keep it garaged so it still looks & runs the same as day 1!!! Haven't done anything but regular maintainance- fluid changes, brake pad, battery, tire & wiper blade replacements- That's it. I only have 50k miles on it so I'll have to give it to someone when I get tired of it because it won't die in my lifetime. I agree with another viewer that the Matrix is not a viable replacement because its trunk is way too small- but it's built with the same frame & engine. I'm going for the Prius next. Its hatchback trunk is a decent sz & it sure is sexy compared to the Corolla.
Favorite Features
Reliablility, build quality, very fun to drive- great pickup, peppy and tight turn ratio with little steering play. (I have the DX 3-speed automatic model with most of the LS features)
Suggested Improvements
Needs more sound proofing, better sound system, sexier interior doors, power passenger side mirror. I had to add a rubber strip to the top of the back bumper because the paint always scratched from loading/unloading heavy hauled items (They now have this on the Matrix).