1994 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Sad to See It Go
By herzogtum71 on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

I have done nothing to this car except routine maintenance in almost 10 years. Over 110,000 miles it has averaged just under 35 miles per gallon. If they sold a new Corolla wagon in the US as they do in other countries, I would go for it. (The cargo area in the Matrix that is sold here is not as big as these other Corolla wagons.) I need to trade this one because of new drivers in the family -- need an automatic transmission and new-generation airbags.

Original Owner for 10 years
By HyPERDRiVE on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This car has only seen one major problem and that was the alternator, besides that just regular oil change and tune ups. Well, you cannot really compare it's performance to todays cars because it's a whole new ballgame. The car also feels so nimble and easy to handle. If you are getting your first car and you are skeptical about reliability issues, go for this car because only rarely you will see any. They don't built cars like they used to. Our 2002 Maxima has had more problems over 15k miles than the Corolla has had in 10 years. I am going to try to make the Corolla last 500k+ miles...wish me luck :)

hand me down
By cjsimm on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car off my brother who was the 1st owner of this car it had 180000 miles when i bought it have put 8000 more on it have only had to have brakes done and new battery cause the last one died.

Living up to the Toyota name
By cpm199 on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

With just regular maintenance this car has been rock solid. It's certainly not a hot rod, but to it's credit with the 5 speed manual transmission it is quite peppy. My wife and I are looking at starting our family soon and when we do we will say goodbye to our trusty Corolla in lieu of a, yet to be determined, SUV.

very good car
By weiguo on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is very good car.

this one is almost dead but my bad
By jste on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

i sold this car to my mom in 95 and bought it from her after it was run over by a truck and rebuilt in 98 it only had 120000 miles on it when i traded it in for a 2000 camry le v6 i got 2000 trade, i am sure who ever gets it next will fix it and get another 120000 miles it run rough but i never took care just time belt and oil.

251,000 Miles and still going!
By Bowdoctor on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought my 4th Toyota in 1996 and still have it today! It has 251,000 miles and still looks good! Burns some oil about 1 quart per 700 miles. You can check the body out too, no rust! I live in Michigan and you know the winters here!

1994 Toyota Review
By mrauch on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

This car has given me 8 years of totally reliable and economical service. The ONLY thing needed over this period of time was the routine servicing that should be done on any vehicle (oil change, tune-up, etc).

Sara's Ride
By pissenberg on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Mechanically, 0 problems , excellent gas mileage, definitely reliable. Maintenance inexpensive to repair. Multiple parts available.. A great kids first car.

corolla dx-1994
By weis on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

The car has been a trooper. Not in the least bit luxurious or fun to drive, but it gets you there.