1994 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews 4

1994 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
great car
By peter on 12/03/06 13:58 PM (PST)

250.000 miles and counting, what else can i say

I love my Corolla
By Ci on 09/08/06 08:05 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

she drives like an absolute dream! Can't ask for anything better...

Safe car
By jess on 07/17/06 14:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and drove it for the past 13 years without any major problems. I replaced the tires and breaks but nothing else. Was planning to drive this car until it wouldn't run anymore but it was totalled in an accident. Luckily I wasn't seriously hurt because of the way the Toyotas are built. I was on the highway when the accident happened so it could have been much worse than it was. The body of the vehicle took a beating in the accident but nothing came through to the inside of the car. Very safe car!

Great Car
By Dwane on 05/28/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I had this car for 12 years bought it new. In 12 Years we had 1 unexpected expense (Cdn $551 - water pump). If you keep up the fluid changes (oil and tranny) and little repairs (brakes, light bulbs, etc.), the car would last easily 500,000 km. Unfortunately for us, a person rear-ended us and the car was written off. A GMC panel van hit us at 50/km (30 mph) without even breaking. I took the insurance money for the car and went and straight and bought a brand new 2006 Corolla. I can only hope the quality on the 2006 CE is a good as the 2004 Toyota Corolla DX was. If you are looking for a second hand 94 Corolla I would recommend a "one owner" version - at least you would think it has been taken care of.

I love this car
By Ymoja on 04/23/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

The most practical and reliable car I've ever owned. In 13 years/153,000 miles, in addition to oil changes/fluid checks, the only repairs I've had are: water pump replacement, timing belt replacement, front and rear brakes, and dash board light replacement. I love the manual locks and doors... less to break.

Basic info
By Ryan on 03/13/06 17:28 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This is an efficient and reliable car. My model is a manual and gets about 30mpg. I have never had any maintenance issues. I am not a conservative driver and it easily takes all of the abuse I give it. This is a car that is built to last, it's been 130,000 miles so far and hasnt needed much more than tires and an oil change every 5000 miles or so. It starts fine even in cold weather and is just an overall smooth running vehicle.

Love my 1994 Corolla!
By elgaelf on 02/22/06 08:09 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This was the first (and maybe only) car I ever bought brand new off of the car lot. So far I have logged over 111,000 miles, and it's still going strong. Lord willing I will get another 100,000 miles on it. Replaced the timing belt 50,000 miles ago, and also recently replaced the starter and alternator. Didn't need new brakes until almost 100,000 miles. Other than a couple of batteries, multiple tires, and a CV boot and muffler, I've not had any real issues/replacements, etc. This car still looks good and runs great and I would recommend it to anyone who is more concerned with safety and reliability than whether or not they are driving the latest and greatest sporty vehicle.

Great Economy Car
By Mercara on 02/04/06 19:13 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought a used car with 60K miles and used it for about 75K miles before giving it to my nephew. This is a great starter car or college student car. Extremely reliable and great gas milage. The car is quite peppy for a 1.8 Liter engine. I would totally recommend it for anyone looking for an economy car.

The Little Car That Won't Die
By Allan on 07/23/05 12:47 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This is one RELIABLE vehicle! I use it to drive long distances over a three state area. It was purchased by my wife nine years ago and I took over driving it with 86000 miles on it when we bought a Camry that she wanted to drive. I now have 208000 miles on it and it shows no sign of letting up. I perform regular maintenance on it. Only problem we had with it was the alternator and one of front CV joints. (both were replaced) This little baby has great pickup from a stop and plenty of power at higher speeds. (ever drive I95 north of Richmond, you know what I mean) I understand that this particular car was built in Japan - those guys sure knew what they are doing didn't they?

Goes the Distance
By Toyota4eva on 03/24/05 22:25 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

Bought my 1994 wagon fresh off the 1st production line in Sept '93 (The last yr made in Japan). I don't drive much and keep it garaged so it still looks & runs the same as day 1!!! Haven't done anything but regular maintainance- fluid changes, brake pad, battery, tire & wiper blade replacements- That's it. I only have 50k miles on it so I'll have to give it to someone when I get tired of it because it won't die in my lifetime. I agree with another viewer that the Matrix is not a viable replacement because its trunk is way too small- but it's built with the same frame & engine. I'm going for the Prius next. Its hatchback trunk is a decent sz & it sure is sexy compared to the Corolla.