Used 1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

best investment ever
By Ryan Carroll

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '94 corolla when my last car was totaled by a drunk driver. I purchased w/about 150k miles, and now have 190k, still running strong. I used Penzoil High Mileage up until 3 months ago, switched to valvoline Synthetic Blend...still awesome car. I still average 33-35 mpg, and thats better than my wife's '06 cobalt. Low maintenance, high reliability.

Favorite Features

Overall a good car

The best of the best!!
By Thairin

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

My corolla I love it so much! He has been so faithful to me.. I bought it in January 2008, it had 180.000 miles.. Now it has 230.000 and still runs great. The air conditioning! oh my god it is the best.. can't discuss.. My husband has a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer, and the car has already been broke 2 times.. and guess who has been there to take us everywhere?? My corolla!! The best car ever built! Thanks toyota..!!

Favorite Features

Air conditioning, gas economy!

I'll Miss This Car...
By Dave

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this amazing car 15 yrs ago new in 1994. In 37 yrs of driving, it's been my best and favorite. MPG still 24-32 - used to get 25/35. Car was hit while parked & ins. co. totaled it. Was drivable, & I wanted to keep it, but repair was cost prohibitive. Now I'll donate it and looking at a used '06 Corolla CE - If I buy it & get the same great run out of it, WOW that would be great.

Favorite Features

MPG and amazing reliability. I'll never forget her! :)

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I would have liked is if the intermittent wipers had a control feature for faster/slower int. speeds. Never understood why it didn't as the tech. existed/exists.

Corolla is a gem
By bernadette63

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as local commute vehicle in 1994. It has been an excellent vehicle. Never needed anything other than regular maintenance. Hope Toyota continues to maintain high standards for their vehicles.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

After 15 years the springs in the seats have weakened.

Love this car more the older it gets!
By Sully862

1994 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Toyota Corolla DX brand new and have loved it since 1994. It keeps getting older, gets more miles on it, and just keeps humming along. It rides smoother than new Camrys, is peppy in the first and second gears and needs nothing but scheduled maintenance. Over the years the car has come to fit me like a glove and I don't want to replace it. I have 175,000 on this one and expect to take it well over 200,000. Like another reviewer I haven't had a car payment in ten years. I love what Toyota does for me!

Favorite Features

Reliability, manual transmission, split folding rear seats, rear air ducts, side mounted front seats giving rear passengers more underseat foot room. Still get 30 MPG in the city and about 35 highway. Power everything including moonroof and everything still works!

Suggested Improvements

Make it a little quieter and more comfy for longer trips.