Used 1994 Toyota Corolla Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Corolla Wagon - Consumer Reviews

DX 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

Still loving this car
By judyc135

1994 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

I wrote a review in 2007 about how great this car is and it is just as terrific now. What a totally reliable vehicle, how do I get another one just like it, maybe I won't ever need another one? I have 187,000 miles on it now. I think the body style looks current and the seats/mats are better quality than the 2009 Civic. Plenty of acceleration for me, excellent mileage, great A/C and defrost, perfect usable size. I can't believe the resale value now is only $1,000, it is worth so much more.

size and reliability

larger back seating and less road noise

Corolla wagon
By mark

1994 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

Love the car. Best car I have ever owned. I have owned a 1995 5speed witch is better than an auto witch I have now. I bought it with 165,000. It runs like a new car.

wagon body style

5 speed automatic

A monument to transportation!
By Fabron

1994 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

Bought this car used with 130,000 miles for my wife to drive to work. I change the oil myself. Nothing, I mean nothing but oil has been touched on it with 229,000 miles on it now. I will definitely but another one in a minute. We drove it to Las Vegas from Sacramento. No problems through deserts, uphills and downhills, twisty mountains, or gas stations. We now take it everywhere we go without a thought.

Everything. Perfect transportation.

None.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By judyc135

1994 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

This little Toyota wagon is a jewel. I've got 160k miles on it and it runs as well as the day I drove it home. I, too, had to replace a water pump in the first year or two of ownership and also had a leak in one of the CV boots in the 3rd or 4th year. Other than that I've only had regular maintenance done on the car and replaced normal stuff when it wore out. It is the perfect size and gets good mileage with an automatic transmission. The only thing I would change is I would like a little less road noise and a little smoother ride but then it's not bad for this price car. My friends with big maintenance bills for their BMWs and Mercedes are envious!

I love this car
By Ymoja

1994 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

The most practical and reliable car I've ever owned. In 13 years/153,000 miles, in addition to oil changes/fluid checks, the only repairs I've had are: water pump replacement, timing belt replacement, front and rear brakes, and dash board light replacement. I love the manual locks and doors... less to break.

Plain, simple, functional, reliable. The station wagon has ample space.

Wish Toyota still made this model...