1994 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Still loving this car
By judyc135 on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

I wrote a review in 2007 about how great this car is and it is just as terrific now. What a totally reliable vehicle, how do I get another one just like it, maybe I won't ever need another one? I have 187,000 miles on it now. I think the body style looks current and the seats/mats are better quality than the 2009 Civic. Plenty of acceleration for me, excellent mileage, great A/C and defrost, perfect usable size. I can't believe the resale value now is only $1,000, it is worth so much more.

Corolla wagon
By mark on 03/18/10 03:41 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

Love the car. Best car I have ever owned. I have owned a 1995 5speed witch is better than an auto witch I have now. I bought it with 165,000. It runs like a new car.

A monument to transportation!
By Fabron on 05/02/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

Bought this car used with 130,000 miles for my wife to drive to work. I change the oil myself. Nothing, I mean nothing but oil has been touched on it with 229,000 miles on it now. I will definitely but another one in a minute. We drove it to Las Vegas from Sacramento. No problems through deserts, uphills and downhills, twisty mountains, or gas stations. We now take it everywhere we go without a thought.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By judyc135 on 07/16/07 20:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

This little Toyota wagon is a jewel. I've got 160k miles on it and it runs as well as the day I drove it home. I, too, had to replace a water pump in the first year or two of ownership and also had a leak in one of the CV boots in the 3rd or 4th year. Other than that I've only had regular maintenance done on the car and replaced normal stuff when it wore out. It is the perfect size and gets good mileage with an automatic transmission. The only thing I would change is I would like a little less road noise and a little smoother ride but then it's not bad for this price car. My friends with big maintenance bills for their BMWs and Mercedes are envious!

I love this car
By Ymoja on 04/23/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

The most practical and reliable car I've ever owned. In 13 years/153,000 miles, in addition to oil changes/fluid checks, the only repairs I've had are: water pump replacement, timing belt replacement, front and rear brakes, and dash board light replacement. I love the manual locks and doors... less to break.

Goes the Distance
By Toyota4eva on 03/24/05 22:25 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

Bought my 1994 wagon fresh off the 1st production line in Sept '93 (The last yr made in Japan). I don't drive much and keep it garaged so it still looks & runs the same as day 1!!! Haven't done anything but regular maintainance- fluid changes, brake pad, battery, tire & wiper blade replacements- That's it. I only have 50k miles on it so I'll have to give it to someone when I get tired of it because it won't die in my lifetime. I agree with another viewer that the Matrix is not a viable replacement because its trunk is way too small- but it's built with the same frame & engine. I'm going for the Prius next. Its hatchback trunk is a decent sz & it sure is sexy compared to the Corolla.

Sad to See It Go
By herzogtum71 on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

I have done nothing to this car except routine maintenance in almost 10 years. Over 110,000 miles it has averaged just under 35 miles per gallon. If they sold a new Corolla wagon in the US as they do in other countries, I would go for it. (The cargo area in the Matrix that is sold here is not as big as these other Corolla wagons.) I need to trade this one because of new drivers in the family -- need an automatic transmission and new-generation airbags.

very good car
By weiguo on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is very good car.

1994 Toyota Review
By mrauch on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

This car has given me 8 years of totally reliable and economical service. The ONLY thing needed over this period of time was the routine servicing that should be done on any vehicle (oil change, tune-up, etc).