1993 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Levirolla 93 Corolla

1993 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

Levirolla 93 Corolla
By levirolla on

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

BEST D&MN CAR EVER. Dad bought it 1993 as a demo car and it has been a part of the family since. Its taken all the abuse we could throw at it. MY dad had a lead foot and we never had any real issues with it. I took the car in 2003 after my dad passed and since then I've taken great care of it. It is on its second engine and transmission due to my father and my heavy foot though. To solve this problem I bought a Toyota Supra Turbo. The Corolla is my primary car and hasn't failed me once. It has alway gotten me home even with a spun bearing and a jacked up trans. They are strong little cars. Mine has 221k miles on it and still kicking.

Favorite Features

The engine. It may just be a 1.8L but its torque and with the light weight of the car it still goes rather well. Plus great on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Power windows. Sick of having to reach over and behind to roll up or down windows. After that, none. I just wished Toyota sold it with the 4age like they did oversees. Planning on doing that swap soon.