Great first car, but a few issues
By Nicolle on
1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan
First let me say that I owned this car for 4.5 years and cried when I traded it in. It was my first car, and was pretty much the perfect first car for a 16 year old. But. The starter went at about 75,000 miles. The axles needed to be replaced a few times because there was a weird vibration and 3 mechanics couldn't figure it out. It vibrated horribly above 50mph. HATED 80mph. Then something weird happened and the starter shorted out. Kept turning itself over like there was a ghost turning the key. FREAKY! Took 4 hours for the Toyota dealership to figure it out! This car was possessed, my brother-in-law is a mechanic and he was baffled by all the weird stuff that happened to Rita (her name).
Favorite Features
Comfortable, very reliable (always started, even in 0 degree winter weather), great in snow, great on gas, even when it needed repairs, they were affordable. Overall, the perfect word for this car is "affordable". :)
Suggested Improvements
Paint rusted off very quickly once it came from Texas to NH. Driver's side door handle snapped off when opening door one time. Transmission was starting to go around 150,000. I guess that's to be expected.