1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
My first car
By Frey on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1.8 liter DX sedan used in 1997 and I've driven it 90k miles since. Only major maintainance issues were the starter and alternator within the past year. Currently have 148k miles and it's been ultra reliable. Repainting was necessary when the top layer of paint chipped off in spots soon after I bought it. Recently engine noise and vibration has increased. Looking forward to getting the 2003 Corolla.

Owner of 4 Toyotas
By Mr. Tom on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have owned 4 toyotas: 82 Corolla, 93 Corolla, 98 4Runner, and soon a 03 Camry. This corolla has over 112000 miles on it, and has never had a major problem. I still get about 400 miles on a tank of 89octane gas.

good for price
By raza on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have to say that I really never had any big problems with this car, and I am ready to buy the 2003. While other cars were braking down this one was still out one the road.

If you find one GRAB IT!
By acb on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Most reliable vehicle on the road and I ever owned. 115,000 miles and only normal maintenance. NO PROBLEMS EVER!! Pain chipped easily, too easily, but it was a $14,000 car new! Consumer Reports and everyone wasnt wrong.. this toyota is one reliable vehicle!! It was mine, then my wifes, then my oldest sons first car and will become my daughters as soon as she gets her license.. O

$1,800 Wonder
By Cheapie Dave on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a wholesaler for a beater to work for $1,800.00 plus tax. What I got was a car that needed a set of tires, a good detailing and a hub-cap. It's incredible! The car is so well built and so reliable, Toyota may have a full time future customer for life! It handles OK,is slooow with the 1.6 and auto trans., but it is as quiet, and smooth riding as a much larger car. Really impressed.

Excellent Value for Money, Easy to Drive
By Toyota Fan on 03/03/02 17:29 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I totally agree with Marcarian. The corolla I have is the best car I have ever owned. No wonder Japanese cars are more expensive. Yeah, they are much more reliable and runs much smoother. It acceleates very fast, gear transmission is so smooth that you can't feel the gear has been changed. Plus it is extremely fuel efficient (another advantage of Japanese cars). Excellent value for money.