Used 1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best car ever
By kaycee

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car was the best purchase I could have made. I bought it used from its original owner and since then I have had only minor repairs and have driven it all over the country on long drives. I save money on the wonderful gas mileage and get a smooth ride in the process. This car seems like it will last another 10 years with minimal maintenance. It is the most reliable car and a great bargain considering the amount of money I spent to get it. I love it!

RELIABILITY, the amazing miles per gallon this car gets, excellent turning radius, easy to drive and a smooth comfortable ride.

The paint on the roof is almost gone. I wish it had a bit more pick-up when getting onto the highway.

The Best!
By CJ

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '93 Corolla new for just over 13K. Best money I ever spent. Over 12 years later it has 238,000+ miles! I've done regular maintenance, oil changed every 2500 miles and tire rotatons religiously. Had to replace parts such as the clutch, 3 alternators, a starter etc... Original exhaust still! Nothing unusual though. I'm considering a Matrix now. Will use another dealer though. I did not like the one I bought this car from.

Rock solid Reliable! good gas mileage, avg 35 MPG.

None.

The Best!
By CJ

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Rock solid Reliable! good gas mileage, avg 35 MPG.

None.

"OL' RELIABLE"
By Ronald Wolfe

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I can't help it if I have to keep praising my experience with my very dependable 1993 Corolla! There's no doubt in my mind that it was the BEST choice of a low-cost and reliable means of transportation in the world. Other than just an instance of a cracked exhaust manifold and a loose battery connection/terminal, my Corolla just will NOT quit! Whether it's through the hollows of Appalachia or out in the desolate western High Plains, it can be counted on to take me just about anywhere. Although I had purchased this Corolla with about 35,000 miles, it still keeps going after 300,000 miles added on over the years (currently just over 335,000 miles)!

One of my favorite features of my 1993 Corolla are the very comfortable seats, as they are just right for proper lumbar and thigh support without being too plush or too hard. Another favorite is the 5-speed manual transmission! Better acceleration and better fuel mileage are the clear advantages.

My Corolla has some problems, particularly the hardware and integrity. A rattle or two can be heard (forgivable due to a new design/carbody beginning in 1993), as well as a few electrical glitches (dome light doesn't work since I've purchased the car). Also, the 1.6-liter engine is somewhat weak.

Incredible Corolla
By Croznest

1993 Toyota Corolla Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from the dealer with 12000 miles. It now has 185,000 miles and has had 2 repairs. It still gets the same 38 miles per gallon as when it was new. It is a pleasure to drive and very comfortable for it's class. It has never failed us - not even once.

Gas mileage, reliability

Paint is peeling at 10 years. Headlights are getting cloudy.

• SUV