Used 1993 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

93 corolla
By dreed

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my toyota at 117000 miles. The driving quality is good but I have had lots of braking problems with this particular veichle. I had a full brake job done 1 month after i had bought it. Then the rear brakes were done in jan. The air conditioning stopped cooling this summer. In September I had the master cylinder replaced and the drivers side caliper needs replacement. The only thing that I had done to the engine is a valve cover gasket and a thermostat so that I would have heat in the winter.I have seen 24mpg's max and as low as 18mpg's. Regular matainence was inexpensive. Otherwise the car is excellent at 147500 miles.

low fuel cost.

better looking hubcaps.

Still going strong!
By auntielala

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

My last review was dated 1/04. This car is still going... now at 322,000 miles. No major repairs besides the regular, oil changes, tires and brakes. Looking forward to hitting the 400,000 mile mark :)

Reliability. Zippy and fun to drive.

Better door handles and knobs

great car
By patty

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

I have had my car over 13 years now. 110,000 and still going. Only had to relace the clutch, brakes and keep it well tuned and oiled. Love this car.

Best car ever
By kaycee

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This car was the best purchase I could have made. I bought it used from its original owner and since then I have had only minor repairs and have driven it all over the country on long drives. I save money on the wonderful gas mileage and get a smooth ride in the process. This car seems like it will last another 10 years with minimal maintenance. It is the most reliable car and a great bargain considering the amount of money I spent to get it. I love it!

RELIABILITY, the amazing miles per gallon this car gets, excellent turning radius, easy to drive and a smooth comfortable ride.

The paint on the roof is almost gone. I wish it had a bit more pick-up when getting onto the highway.

It will last a lifetime
By ihtishaam

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

My mother purchased this car new in 1993. We took road trips in it all the time and put major miles in to it along with my mom driving it all over for work. In 2002 I bought it off her when the car was at 195K miles as I was having my first boy and again my wife and I have put on 50000 more miles. Currently 242000 and it still going strong. We have changed two water pumps(164k,240k), rear (210k,240k) and front struts(220k) and that is about it besides a few belts and other normal maint. still gets 30+ highway mpg and ~24 CITY mpg. I thank God that I actually bought it from my mom instead of just getting another used car. We took a 9hour trip in it in the dead of winter and it worked great.

Reliability, nice peppy 1.8L engine means it goes quicker than you think a corolla wagon would. decent stereo, huge cargo space when seats fold down,

Seats are horrible. Have to put a pillow underneath for any drive over 1 hour