1993 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Toyota Corolla Review
By J. Blade on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I've only had this vehicle for about two years and it is very dependable especially for a college student like me. I've had no problems with the engine or the car itself and I have been averaging 13,000 miles a year.

Love this car!
By antelala on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used (3 yrs old) with only 32,000 miles on it. In less than 4 years 200,000 miles were added to that. The car is now 10 years old and is still running strong with 257,000 miles. It is a fun, zippy little car to drive and I would buy another in a heart beat! I liked this style of Corolla best until the 2002 model came out.... now that's a nice looking car! If you're looking at this model, even with 100,000 miles (as long as it has been taken care of) I would say you could get quite a bit more use out of it. BUY IT!

2003 review
By tonya1 on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

This has been the best experience I've had while using this vehicle. I haven't had any major problems but normal repairs that are exspected. This is a very reliable car and will purchase another when it's time.

Still Running great
By surtespas on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. My previous car I was always in the shop getting something or another fixed. I have never had anything major fixed on it. It run great even in the dead of winter it starts right up.

My first car
By Frey on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1.8 liter DX sedan used in 1997 and I've driven it 90k miles since. Only major maintainance issues were the starter and alternator within the past year. Currently have 148k miles and it's been ultra reliable. Repainting was necessary when the top layer of paint chipped off in spots soon after I bought it. Recently engine noise and vibration has increased. Looking forward to getting the 2003 Corolla.

Owner of 4 Toyotas
By Mr. Tom on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I have owned 4 toyotas: 82 Corolla, 93 Corolla, 98 4Runner, and soon a 03 Camry. This corolla has over 112000 miles on it, and has never had a major problem. I still get about 400 miles on a tank of 89octane gas.

good for price
By raza on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I have to say that I really never had any big problems with this car, and I am ready to buy the 2003. While other cars were braking down this one was still out one the road.

If you find one GRAB IT!
By acb on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Most reliable vehicle on the road and I ever owned. 115,000 miles and only normal maintenance. NO PROBLEMS EVER!! Pain chipped easily, too easily, but it was a $14,000 car new! Consumer Reports and everyone wasnt wrong.. this toyota is one reliable vehicle!! It was mine, then my wifes, then my oldest sons first car and will become my daughters as soon as she gets her license.. O

$1,800 Wonder
By Cheapie Dave on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a wholesaler for a beater to work for $1,800.00 plus tax. What I got was a car that needed a set of tires, a good detailing and a hub-cap. It's incredible! The car is so well built and so reliable, Toyota may have a full time future customer for life! It handles OK,is slooow with the 1.6 and auto trans., but it is as quiet, and smooth riding as a much larger car. Really impressed.

Best FWD wagon in catagory
By shortlid on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car ever since I bought it used in '99 with 60,000 miles on it! I have not done ONE major repair and the car now has 120,000 miles on it! With independant suspension at all four corners and anti-sway bars front and back it handles quite well even loaded. the T52 five speed manual transmision still shifts smooth. the car still has teh original clutch in it which I have tought nine people to drive manual in. It also has the original timing belt, aces. belts and hoses!