Used 1993 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Not like a real Toyota
By jjimbo

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I got mine with 185,000 miles on it. The car had no power, no A/C that couldn't get fixed, the body looked like it was designed to look like a 1980s washing machine, and the interior was way too small and had no place to hold anything. The electrical equipment kept failing and the Airbag decided to go off randomly.

reliable reliable
By rajeshp

1993 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

This is a great car from Toyota. I am owning one since 2 years. When I bought it at 120k its AC compressor was not working. But it did not bother me much, I am used to summer heat. I did not spent a dollar on it other than oil change every 3 months. It had run total of 146k as of today. I am 6 feet tall and i still have lot of room at driver's seat. gives me 24 mpg in city and 28 on highway. Pickup is too good. Better than later Camrys. I have driven this 800 mile trip twice in consecutive week ends. upto 80 miles/hr the car runs good. I did not try beyond that.

A Very Decent Car
By Phil

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I'm the original owner of a '93 Corolla. It has 170K miles on it now. I paid the car off over ten years ago. Since then, I've only replaced the transmission, water pump, front engine mount, beside regular items (brakes, tires, etc.) Also replaced inside door handle a couple years ago. (Dealer still had part in back stock.) In other words, since paying off car, I've spent about $50/month to maintain it. Pretty inexpensive to own/maintain.

Favorite Features

Very reliable. Very comfortable for me. (I'm 5'10.5" 185 lbs.) I love the cruise control, and very low maintenance over the years.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are just ok, to me. I had them checked out recently and mechanic said they were operating ok, but they seem a little 'sluggish' to me. I can't remember how they were when the car was new, though. Maybe they were better? Overall though, the car still does the job.

partners in life
By easyonthepedals

1993 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 1993, my only new car purchase and easily the best money I ever spent. On the road from New England to California, then to Florida and even north to Quebec City and back, the car has never had an on the road problem in seventeen years. Yes, I've had to put a good deal of money into replacements lately (water pump, struts, radiator, gas tank) but we all get old, right? My biggest disappointment was Toyota's decision to replace it with the Matrix (a far less attractive model) when it was still available as a wagon in Europe. With a bike rack on top and spare sleeping bag and other essentials in the spacious rear cargo area, I've always felt ready for anything.

Favorite Features

Small size makes for wonderful mileage, easy turning radius, nimble parking, and a generally low profile to life. I can roll down the front passenger window from my driving position and I never worry about the hyper inflated power window replacement cost. Still beautiful design after all these years

Suggested Improvements

None needed. This is the best small wagon ever made.

You can't find a better car
By Sunshine

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1993 red Toyota Corolla about Oct. 14, 1992. It is still on the road. The only repairs are what one might expect as a car owner - tires, regular oil changes, brakes, one new starter. I still maintain ownership. The corolla has about 80,000 miles on it. It is 17 years old, still gets good gas mileage, and my mechanic tells me that it is a great car and can continue to be driven well over 100,000-150,000 miles. It is my opinion that the 1993 Corolla was one of the best cars Toyota ever produced.