Used 1993 Toyota Corolla Wagon Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Corolla Wagon - Consumer Reviews

DX 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (5 reviews )

Great second car option
By hokiecar1

1993 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

I bought a 93 Corolla Wagon DX (Automatic) with 115K on it. Drove it for 10 years. For some reason my car had a small oil leak which led to the need to add more oil than normal. Last few years car burned more oil than normal. I think this was related more to this individual car than Toyota in general. Motor shook quite a bit the last year and resulted in shearing off harmonic balance wheel. Regardless of the money put in I'd still say this car was a great second car purchase (with higher mileage).

Wagon: Excellent Reliability, Good MPG
By Bela

1993 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car new in 1993 for about $12k. I now have 192,000 miles on it. Incredibly reliable - never a break down! I have had the brakes done, the blinker switch replaced, and that's about it for repairs. I have hauled bark mulch, gravel, garbage cans, 5 people and their huge backpacks, and my bike (separate events, of course), all with ease! When I get that much weight in it, though, it does dog down a bit. But on the freeway with just me and my stuff, it jams and runs up hills with more power than most cars out there, surprisingly. It does well on snow & ice - very stable. I have cable chains for it and can go just about anywhere in winter weather.

I am still getting 39 mpg on the freeway! I get about 35 mpg in town. I love all the cargo space - with the back seats folded down, put my bike inside there too! The front wheel drive has taken me through snow & ice and even some roads that were meant for AWD.

I am now using about a quart of oil for every other tank of gas, so I am going to have that checked out at the shop soon. But I really have no complaints about this workhorse vehicle.

great car
By patty

1993 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

I have had my car over 13 years now. 110,000 and still going. Only had to relace the clutch, brakes and keep it well tuned and oiled. Love this car.

It will last a lifetime
By ihtishaam

1993 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

My mother purchased this car new in 1993. We took road trips in it all the time and put major miles in to it along with my mom driving it all over for work. In 2002 I bought it off her when the car was at 195K miles as I was having my first boy and again my wife and I have put on 50000 more miles. Currently 242000 and it still going strong. We have changed two water pumps(164k,240k), rear (210k,240k) and front struts(220k) and that is about it besides a few belts and other normal maint. still gets 30+ highway mpg and ~24 CITY mpg. I thank God that I actually bought it from my mom instead of just getting another used car. We took a 9hour trip in it in the dead of winter and it worked great.

Reliability, nice peppy 1.8L engine means it goes quicker than you think a corolla wagon would. decent stereo, huge cargo space when seats fold down,

Seats are horrible. Have to put a pillow underneath for any drive over 1 hour

Best FWD wagon in catagory
By shortlid

1993 Toyota Corolla Wagon DX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car ever since I bought it
used in '99 with 60,000 miles on it! I
have not done ONE major repair and the
car now has 120,000 miles on it! With
independant suspension at all four
corners and anti-sway bars front and
back it handles quite well even
loaded. the T52 five speed manual
transmision still shifts smooth. the
car still has teh original clutch in it
which I have tought nine people to
drive manual in. It also has the
original timing belt, aces. belts and
hoses!

A full size spare tire will fit in rear. Two turns of outside key lock with unlock all doors. lights go off automaticly when car is shut and drivers side door is opened, then relight automaticly when car is restarted. Intermitint rear wiper.

Should have come from the factory with a full size spare tire. Mist function and adjustable intermitint wipers front and back. Auto shut off rear defroster.