Used 1993 Toyota Corolla Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best Car Ever
By rockinboy

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in fall of 1993, the only thing I have done other than oil changes, is new brakes at 185000km new struts at 280000 The car is like new as i dont drive in the winter anymore need 4x4 on my driveway. O and i changed the thermostat years ago along with starter.

Favorite Features

Cheap on Gas never cost me money

Suggested Improvements

More power on base motor, and that has been done many years later.

Great little car
By aphamedmunds

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

This was my car in college. Drove well, required little maintenance, and never really needed service.

Favorite Features

Economical and reliable. Great for students!

You can't find a better car
By Sunshine

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1993 red Toyota Corolla about Oct. 14, 1992. It is still on the road. The only repairs are what one might expect as a car owner - tires, regular oil changes, brakes, one new starter. I still maintain ownership. The corolla has about 80,000 miles on it. It is 17 years old, still gets good gas mileage, and my mechanic tells me that it is a great car and can continue to be driven well over 100,000-150,000 miles. It is my opinion that the 1993 Corolla was one of the best cars Toyota ever produced.

Great first car, but a few issues
By Nicolle

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

First let me say that I owned this car for 4.5 years and cried when I traded it in. It was my first car, and was pretty much the perfect first car for a 16 year old. But. The starter went at about 75,000 miles. The axles needed to be replaced a few times because there was a weird vibration and 3 mechanics couldn't figure it out. It vibrated horribly above 50mph. HATED 80mph. Then something weird happened and the starter shorted out. Kept turning itself over like there was a ghost turning the key. FREAKY! Took 4 hours for the Toyota dealership to figure it out! This car was possessed, my brother-in-law is a mechanic and he was baffled by all the weird stuff that happened to Rita (her name).

Favorite Features

Comfortable, very reliable (always started, even in 0 degree winter weather), great in snow, great on gas, even when it needed repairs, they were affordable. Overall, the perfect word for this car is "affordable". :)

Suggested Improvements

Paint rusted off very quickly once it came from Texas to NH. Driver's side door handle snapped off when opening door one time. Transmission was starting to go around 150,000. I guess that's to be expected.

I love my Corolla
By sarahsnowhite

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I got this car as a gift from my uncle when I was 16. It had 55,000 miles and the one previous owner didn't seem to drive it much. I haven't had anything wrong with besides a few door handles and a seat belt. The tires did need to get replaced a few times, but I change the oil as much as possible. But for now my mileage today is 123,000, it's amazing to me how far I have come with that little car. It's got me everywhere in my life so far.

Favorite Features

I love my sunroof even though I don't use it. I love the cool door locks, I even like my light in my trunk.

Suggested Improvements

There is nothing to improve on my car but the interior which I can do myself.