1993 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Best Car Ever
By rockinboy on 01/19/14 11:18 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in fall of 1993, the only thing I have done other than oil changes, is new brakes at 185000km new struts at 280000 The car is like new as i dont drive in the winter anymore need 4x4 on my driveway. O and i changed the thermostat years ago along with starter.

Great little car
By aphamedmunds on 12/28/12 10:33 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

This was my car in college. Drove well, required little maintenance, and never really needed service.

You can't find a better car
By Sunshine on 01/31/10 12:24 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1993 red Toyota Corolla about Oct. 14, 1992. It is still on the road. The only repairs are what one might expect as a car owner - tires, regular oil changes, brakes, one new starter. I still maintain ownership. The corolla has about 80,000 miles on it. It is 17 years old, still gets good gas mileage, and my mechanic tells me that it is a great car and can continue to be driven well over 100,000-150,000 miles. It is my opinion that the 1993 Corolla was one of the best cars Toyota ever produced.

Great first car, but a few issues
By Nicolle on 07/29/09 19:08 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

First let me say that I owned this car for 4.5 years and cried when I traded it in. It was my first car, and was pretty much the perfect first car for a 16 year old. But. The starter went at about 75,000 miles. The axles needed to be replaced a few times because there was a weird vibration and 3 mechanics couldn't figure it out. It vibrated horribly above 50mph. HATED 80mph. Then something weird happened and the starter shorted out. Kept turning itself over like there was a ghost turning the key. FREAKY! Took 4 hours for the Toyota dealership to figure it out! This car was possessed, my brother-in-law is a mechanic and he was baffled by all the weird stuff that happened to Rita (her name).

I love my Corolla
By sarahsnowhite on 02/22/09 00:29 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I got this car as a gift from my uncle when I was 16. It had 55,000 miles and the one previous owner didn't seem to drive it much. I haven't had anything wrong with besides a few door handles and a seat belt. The tires did need to get replaced a few times, but I change the oil as much as possible. But for now my mileage today is 123,000, it's amazing to me how far I have come with that little car. It's got me everywhere in my life so far.

The Best!
By CJ on 04/03/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '93 Corolla new for just over 13K. Best money I ever spent. Over 12 years later it has 238,000+ miles! I've done regular maintenance, oil changed every 2500 miles and tire rotatons religiously. Had to replace parts such as the clutch, 3 alternators, a starter etc... Original exhaust still! Nothing unusual though. I'm considering a Matrix now. Will use another dealer though. I did not like the one I bought this car from.

The Best!
By CJ on 04/03/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

"OL' RELIABLE"
By Ronald Wolfe on 12/28/04 15:33 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I can't help it if I have to keep praising my experience with my very dependable 1993 Corolla! There's no doubt in my mind that it was the BEST choice of a low-cost and reliable means of transportation in the world. Other than just an instance of a cracked exhaust manifold and a loose battery connection/terminal, my Corolla just will NOT quit! Whether it's through the hollows of Appalachia or out in the desolate western High Plains, it can be counted on to take me just about anywhere. Although I had purchased this Corolla with about 35,000 miles, it still keeps going after 300,000 miles added on over the years (currently just over 335,000 miles)!

excellent choice
By Frank666 on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

great vehicule but need more power under the hood

love my toyota
By MSU on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I have had my corolla for 6 years. I have had very few problems with it for its age/mileage. I am currently in the market for a new car and I am going to purchase a new corolla. You can't beat their quality and durability.