Used 1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

You cannot kill this car!
By Our Toy

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

My husband and I bought our Toyota Corolla DX new in 1992. We still have it today, 15 years later. It has almost 190,000 miles now. We just love it! It is extremely reliable, in fact we have never been stranded in this car. It takes whatever you do to it, even inconsistency in maintenance. The body is rusting around the wheel wells, but the car runs like the day we bought it. We are looking to buy another Toyota since this car came out before air bags, and we think we should have them for safety. We bought this car when our daughter was in pre-school. She is now in college. It is a part of the family! We will hate to see it go, but hope we can find another Toyota just as good.

Favorite Features

Excellent reliability, very easy to drive, easy to park, especially on city streets, excellent on gas - only fill up once a week and goes forever on one tank. Most paid for one tank was $30 last week with price of $3.01 a gallon. For many years before gas crisis, $10 per week filled it up.

Suggested Improvements

Safety features - air bags and other things that have been added since 1992, at high speeds on highway, wind noise.

Toyota 1992
By James Roberts

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car to drive and maintain, only issue so far is the lack of power but a simple engine change solves that problem with great results. Parts readily avalible to obtain. Upkeep very simple and any person can do them simply.

Favorite Features

The car has the ability to have a good take off in first gear. It has good base torque and great handling. Fun to weave with.

Suggested Improvements

The car has many improvements that can be added because of technological improvements since 92. A new, larger break set is nice but nothing can quite beat a stronger engine, although it is costly it is worth the work if your car is older and needs a new engine to keep the car going forever.

Toyota Corolla LE 2002
By susanw

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car used from my sister. We bought it as a second family car to be used for commuting purposes. While not a sports car, it has been extremely reliable with very little maintenance work. The only problem we have ever had is with the alternator. We have put 3 in the car in 7 years. Other than that, it cranks everytime. It has more than served it's purpose.

Favorite Features

High gas mileage, low maintenance cost. Good stereo, cold air.

Suggested Improvements

Would change the carpet quality. Over the years, it has become very fuzzy and holds dirt. I cannot vacuum out all of the bits and pieces from the floor.

dependable
By lorile

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have had my corolla for over 4 years and it was a good choice, it has 340000 km. I have had problems with the exhaust manifold, and sevre body rust. It is sluggish on the highway because it is just a 3 speed automatic.

Favorite Features

I like it's reliability and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

It doen't have enough power with the 3 speed automatic, body doesn't seem to be lasting and starting to burn a lot of oil.

Great Buy!
By Corollaman

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This car is wonderful. Mine has 177,000 miles and still runs like it did when I bought it almost 5yrs ago. Great get to work car or starter car. I have even taken my Corolla on long trips and still no flaws!

Favorite Features

Durability, reliability, and of course economy.

Suggested Improvements

The door handles are fragile.