1992 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
You cannot kill this car!
By Our Toy on 04/15/07 19:10 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

My husband and I bought our Toyota Corolla DX new in 1992. We still have it today, 15 years later. It has almost 190,000 miles now. We just love it! It is extremely reliable, in fact we have never been stranded in this car. It takes whatever you do to it, even inconsistency in maintenance. The body is rusting around the wheel wells, but the car runs like the day we bought it. We are looking to buy another Toyota since this car came out before air bags, and we think we should have them for safety. We bought this car when our daughter was in pre-school. She is now in college. It is a part of the family! We will hate to see it go, but hope we can find another Toyota just as good.

Toyota 1992
By James Roberts on 01/06/05 04:58 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car to drive and maintain, only issue so far is the lack of power but a simple engine change solves that problem with great results. Parts readily avalible to obtain. Upkeep very simple and any person can do them simply.

all-trac with good gas mileage? YES!
By calsmeed on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Wagon AWD

This car is very durable. It gets good gas mileage and is good in mud and steep terrain. Could use more power but that might sacrifice the economy. I highly recommend it; very easy to drive and tight turning radius.

Toyota Corolla LE 2002
By susanw on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car used from my sister. We bought it as a second family car to be used for commuting purposes. While not a sports car, it has been extremely reliable with very little maintenance work. The only problem we have ever had is with the alternator. We have put 3 in the car in 7 years. Other than that, it cranks everytime. It has more than served it's purpose.

dependable
By lorile on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I have had my corolla for over 4 years and it was a good choice, it has 340000 km. I have had problems with the exhaust manifold, and sevre body rust. It is sluggish on the highway because it is just a 3 speed automatic.

Great Buy!
By Corollaman on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This car is wonderful. Mine has 177,000 miles and still runs like it did when I bought it almost 5yrs ago. Great get to work car or starter car. I have even taken my Corolla on long trips and still no flaws!

Reliability times 100
By Adam F. on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

These cars are great. My dad had a 1990 corolla that lasted to 300,000 miles. All you have to do is change the oil. I just got my '92 corolla for college and it sure saves me a bundle. This corolla has 123k and runs like new. Only costs around 15- 20 dollars to fill the tank and it takes you about 350+ miles. VERY reliable car. Easy on the insurance too. Never have to worry about maintenance costs or fixing it all the time. Great little cars for those looking to save a bundle on gas and get you from point A to point B with no hesitation..EVER!! Very notorious for lasting 250k+ no problem.

nothing like a corolla
By corollaman4life on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

i have only had my corolla for about a year and i love it. it may only have 102hp but it still goes. it was built to last if you take care of it. i clean mine all the time and it stays pretty. its fun to drive, and you know it will keep going. never had any major machanical problems, and there are only 2 little rust spots that i will fix here in the near furure. i would tell everyone to own a corolla if it were possible. the best car ever built!

Ol' Faithful
By VanWyck on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Perfect car to get you from point A to point B with no complaints. It's very roomy for a small sedan. Has good acceleration for an eleven year-old car that has 100,000+ miles. Regular maintenance, gas and oil changes are all it ever needs.

Not fast or flashy, but very reliable
By kbat on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This car is now 11 years old and has 100k miles on it, and never complains. The only things which have gone wrong with it have been standard maintenance and wear and tear, i.e. brakes, tires, battery, radiator. The engine still idles nearly silently when left running, and I never worry that this car will leave me stranded. I do worry about being hit, as this car will not protect its occupants very well in a serious accident. It also begins to quiver at about 75 or 80 mph. All told, I'm very sorry to have to part with this trusty little car.