1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Best Car Ever
By whipperin1 on 12/16/14 16:48 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Bought the Corolla with 160k miles. It now has 253k and runs and drives perfect. Only normal maintenance and replacement of radiator and starter. This car has taken me from sea to shiny sea many times and has never left me walking. I have never had a better car and I don't think they make a better car today. If I keep it under 50 mph it will get about 37 mpg. Who needs a hybrid?

Great starter car for a broke kid
By corollafan1 on 06/19/11 14:45 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

If you can find this car for around $1K or less, buy it. I'm now in the market for a new car but only because the body is starting to rust out, my trusty mechanic finally said "it's getting old," and I need to be able to rely on my car. And how many owners of 19 year old cars could even talk about reliability? It still runs beautifully and last year was the first year repairs topped $1K. So far this year I've only had the oil changed. It handles great, the interior has held up well except for the window cranks (replaced once, needing it again). It's not looking its best in its old age, but if I was the age of this car and handy with epoxy and paint I could make it look pretty good.

Not sure to get rid of this car
By sal on 09/30/08 17:28 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 6 years ago with 90,000 miles and now have 180,000. I have heard people get 250,000 miles. Have replaced the starter and a small hose, not even the brakes yet.

Still Running Strong
By Tanya on 05/03/07 12:36 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 53,000 miles. It now has 247,000 and doesn't want to quit. Extremely reliable, great on gas. No major repairs, just maintenance. Always starts and runs well unless I forget to turn off the lights.

You cannot kill this car!
By Our Toy on 04/15/07 19:10 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

My husband and I bought our Toyota Corolla DX new in 1992. We still have it today, 15 years later. It has almost 190,000 miles now. We just love it! It is extremely reliable, in fact we have never been stranded in this car. It takes whatever you do to it, even inconsistency in maintenance. The body is rusting around the wheel wells, but the car runs like the day we bought it. We are looking to buy another Toyota since this car came out before air bags, and we think we should have them for safety. We bought this car when our daughter was in pre-school. She is now in college. It is a part of the family! We will hate to see it go, but hope we can find another Toyota just as good.

Toyota 1992
By James Roberts on 01/06/05 04:58 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car to drive and maintain, only issue so far is the lack of power but a simple engine change solves that problem with great results. Parts readily avalible to obtain. Upkeep very simple and any person can do them simply.

Great Buy!
By Corollaman on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This car is wonderful. Mine has 177,000 miles and still runs like it did when I bought it almost 5yrs ago. Great get to work car or starter car. I have even taken my Corolla on long trips and still no flaws!

nothing like a corolla
By corollaman4life on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

i have only had my corolla for about a year and i love it. it may only have 102hp but it still goes. it was built to last if you take care of it. i clean mine all the time and it stays pretty. its fun to drive, and you know it will keep going. never had any major machanical problems, and there are only 2 little rust spots that i will fix here in the near furure. i would tell everyone to own a corolla if it were possible. the best car ever built!

Not fast or flashy, but very reliable
By kbat on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This car is now 11 years old and has 100k miles on it, and never complains. The only things which have gone wrong with it have been standard maintenance and wear and tear, i.e. brakes, tires, battery, radiator. The engine still idles nearly silently when left running, and I never worry that this car will leave me stranded. I do worry about being hit, as this car will not protect its occupants very well in a serious accident. It also begins to quiver at about 75 or 80 mph. All told, I'm very sorry to have to part with this trusty little car.

Great car
By Connie Culverwell on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I really hate to part with this car. I like the small steering wheel and the size of the car. It has very good trunk room.