Used 1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best Car Ever
By whipperin1

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Bought the Corolla with 160k miles. It now has 253k and runs and drives perfect. Only normal maintenance and replacement of radiator and starter. This car has taken me from sea to shiny sea many times and has never left me walking. I have never had a better car and I don't think they make a better car today. If I keep it under 50 mph it will get about 37 mpg. Who needs a hybrid?

Reliability and cheap to operate.

Nothing could improve this masterpiece of automotive art.

Old Faithful
By lilylemony

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was my first car I bought used back in 2000 in Washington State. This car got me safely from WA to Southern California without a hitch in 1997, even loaded down with my every worldly possession! I drove this car for the 5 years I lived in SoCal, then very, very sadly had to part with it when I moved back to Canada. Instead of selling it, I donated it to the Goodwill and amazingly, I discovered it sold ABOVE its Blue Book value at auction! It helped to have an amazing mechanic, but this is also a totally solid little car. I'm sure it's still flying down the I-5 and cruising Santa Monica Boulevard as I type this. Miss you, little dude. *sniff*

Great starter car for a broke kid
By corollafan1

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

If you can find this car for around $1K or less, buy it. I'm now in the market for a new car but only because the body is starting to rust out, my trusty mechanic finally said "it's getting old," and I need to be able to rely on my car. And how many owners of 19 year old cars could even talk about reliability? It still runs beautifully and last year was the first year repairs topped $1K. So far this year I've only had the oil changed. It handles great, the interior has held up well except for the window cranks (replaced once, needing it again). It's not looking its best in its old age, but if I was the age of this car and handy with epoxy and paint I could make it look pretty good.

Reliability, ownership costs, reliability.....

Well, assuming they haven't fixed them yet, the interior door mechanisms (window cranks, door handles). The ones used most often only lasted about 15 years.

Super Car!
By JimmyH.

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2008 with only 58,000 original miles (lucky!). It was stored for years. I have reconditioned the car to almost new. It is very fun to drive and has lots of acceleration (better than you would expect!).It gets me 30 mpg on regular basis with combined driving.The interior looks new and has held up nicely. The seats are a bit hard and small but you get used to them. The layout of the interior is very simple and easy to navigate.I would recommend this corolla to anyone. The routine maintenance is very easy to perform. The parts are very inexpensive. It has 13"tires! They can be had for $32 a piece brand new! You can't beat these 88-92 corollas. This lil baby sings like a song.

Fuel mileage.Zippy acceleration.Cheap to maintain(Tires ,Brakes).Holds the road nice for a small car. Easy to park.The AC is ice cold. The heater will roast you.I like filling up the tank for about $28 and going 350+ miles on it.

Lower wind noise.Improved seats.Better radio.

Rosten rubber down the street!
By Rosten' Rubber

1992 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Overall I have no problems. I paid 200 bucks for my Toyota and she works like new.

Body rusts too badly!