1992 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Old Faithful
By lilylemony on 08/23/13 15:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

This was my first car I bought used back in 2000 in Washington State. This car got me safely from WA to Southern California without a hitch in 1997, even loaded down with my every worldly possession! I drove this car for the 5 years I lived in SoCal, then very, very sadly had to part with it when I moved back to Canada. Instead of selling it, I donated it to the Goodwill and amazingly, I discovered it sold ABOVE its Blue Book value at auction! It helped to have an amazing mechanic, but this is also a totally solid little car. I'm sure it's still flying down the I-5 and cruising Santa Monica Boulevard as I type this. Miss you, little dude. *sniff*

Super Car!
By JimmyH. on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2008 with only 58,000 original miles (lucky!). It was stored for years. I have reconditioned the car to almost new. It is very fun to drive and has lots of acceleration (better than you would expect!).It gets me 30 mpg on regular basis with combined driving.The interior looks new and has held up nicely. The seats are a bit hard and small but you get used to them. The layout of the interior is very simple and easy to navigate.I would recommend this corolla to anyone. The routine maintenance is very easy to perform. The parts are very inexpensive. It has 13"tires! They can be had for $32 a piece brand new! You can't beat these 88-92 corollas. This lil baby sings like a song.

Rosten rubber down the street!
By Rosten' Rubber on 08/27/10 05:31 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Overall I have no problems. I paid 200 bucks for my Toyota and she works like new.

Bob
By Jessica on 07/03/09 20:23 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I had one of these (named Bob!) for about 2 years. The complaints everyone else wrote about are true. The door handles are extremely fragile! I only had the drivers side one left by the time I traded it in. And the car does shake really bad once you get going really good which is somewhat unnerving. I had to replace all the belts in it, the water pump and the starter. But that was the only work I did to it and it had 140,000 miles on it. The only other thing was it started this thing of not wanting to start whenever it got below 10 degrees. Any other time it was fine! I traded it in before I could get to the bottom of that problem. Overall: fine car! With loads of personality!