Used 1992 Toyota Corolla LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

It just keeps going, and going....
By ordboy61

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was 2yrs old and in mint condition. I've had it for 16 years with no plans to sell it nor any need to. When gas is low and it starts hesitating, just say the word "gasoline" and you get a few extra miles to get to a gas station ;-) It's THAT reliable!

Favorite Features

I like that, when unlocking the driver's side door, a second twist of the key unlocks all 4 doors. Same is true when locking doors.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe newer models already have this: Interior lights above rear view mirror instead of middle of roof. Better sound system. Stronger door handles.

Dependable and Long Lasting
By Matt

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

This car is a beast. Mine has 324,000 miles on it and still runs like a top. I've had to make two serious fixes - the clutch and exhaust manifold, but that's just wear and tear. Keep the tires inflated and the oil changed and you can get 40 mpg in the city on this thing. Under the hood is simple, the interior is comfortable - it's no lexus, but it works. The air conditioner stays cold and the rear defrost works like new, even after all these years. The only bad thing I can say is the handles break easy in the cold, but anything plastic will do that.

Toyota Corolla LE 2002
By susanw

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car used from my sister. We bought it as a second family car to be used for commuting purposes. While not a sports car, it has been extremely reliable with very little maintenance work. The only problem we have ever had is with the alternator. We have put 3 in the car in 7 years. Other than that, it cranks everytime. It has more than served it's purpose.

Favorite Features

High gas mileage, low maintenance cost. Good stereo, cold air.

Suggested Improvements

Would change the carpet quality. Over the years, it has become very fuzzy and holds dirt. I cannot vacuum out all of the bits and pieces from the floor.

dependable
By lorile

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I have had my corolla for over 4 years and it was a good choice, it has 340000 km. I have had problems with the exhaust manifold, and sevre body rust. It is sluggish on the highway because it is just a 3 speed automatic.

Favorite Features

I like it's reliability and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

It doen't have enough power with the 3 speed automatic, body doesn't seem to be lasting and starting to burn a lot of oil.

Reliability times 100
By Adam F.

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

These cars are great. My dad had a 1990 corolla that lasted to 300,000 miles. All you have to do is change the oil. I just got my '92 corolla for college and it sure saves me a bundle. This corolla has 123k and runs like new. Only costs around 15- 20 dollars to fill the tank and it takes you about 350+ miles. VERY reliable car. Easy on the insurance too. Never have to worry about maintenance costs or fixing it all the time. Great little cars for those looking to save a bundle on gas and get you from point A to point B with no hesitation..EVER!! Very notorious for lasting 250k+ no problem.

Favorite Features

Reliability and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger door handles.