1992 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
It just keeps going, and going....
By ordboy61 on 03/15/10 13:06 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was 2yrs old and in mint condition. I've had it for 16 years with no plans to sell it nor any need to. When gas is low and it starts hesitating, just say the word "gasoline" and you get a few extra miles to get to a gas station ;-) It's THAT reliable!

Dependable and Long Lasting
By Matt on 12/28/08 18:12 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

This car is a beast. Mine has 324,000 miles on it and still runs like a top. I've had to make two serious fixes - the clutch and exhaust manifold, but that's just wear and tear. Keep the tires inflated and the oil changed and you can get 40 mpg in the city on this thing. Under the hood is simple, the interior is comfortable - it's no lexus, but it works. The air conditioner stays cold and the rear defrost works like new, even after all these years. The only bad thing I can say is the handles break easy in the cold, but anything plastic will do that.

Toyota Corolla LE 2002
By susanw on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car used from my sister. We bought it as a second family car to be used for commuting purposes. While not a sports car, it has been extremely reliable with very little maintenance work. The only problem we have ever had is with the alternator. We have put 3 in the car in 7 years. Other than that, it cranks everytime. It has more than served it's purpose.

dependable
By lorile on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I have had my corolla for over 4 years and it was a good choice, it has 340000 km. I have had problems with the exhaust manifold, and sevre body rust. It is sluggish on the highway because it is just a 3 speed automatic.

Reliability times 100
By Adam F. on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

These cars are great. My dad had a 1990 corolla that lasted to 300,000 miles. All you have to do is change the oil. I just got my '92 corolla for college and it sure saves me a bundle. This corolla has 123k and runs like new. Only costs around 15- 20 dollars to fill the tank and it takes you about 350+ miles. VERY reliable car. Easy on the insurance too. Never have to worry about maintenance costs or fixing it all the time. Great little cars for those looking to save a bundle on gas and get you from point A to point B with no hesitation..EVER!! Very notorious for lasting 250k+ no problem.

Ol' Faithful
By VanWyck on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Perfect car to get you from point A to point B with no complaints. It's very roomy for a small sedan. Has good acceleration for an eleven year-old car that has 100,000+ miles. Regular maintenance, gas and oil changes are all it ever needs.

Reliable workhorse
By Rob klein on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We bought this new in 1991 and still drive it everyday. Blew the first motor at 177,000 due to my neglect to check the oil. Second motor has about 90,000 miles now, guess it's time to recheck the oil. Very reliable, efficient. Electrical has had minor repairs, altinater & ignition switch. Plus door handles have broken off. I trust my corolla to get me there, will buy another.