Role Model
By Donald on
1991 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan
These cars were made to be awesome in almost every aspect, with exceptions to the interior. Handling is smooth and responsive and pickup for a 110hp with 1587cc displacement engine definitely blows my mind. I love to drive it, this thing is still a kid inside. The only thing I can find that I don't enjoy necessarily is the soft suspension. I remember it being semi-stiff when we got it, but the years have softened it. Still, I can remember taking a few turns and bumping the bottom onto the road then and now, not speeding or anything. I think Toyota wanted it to be a secret sports car. It doesn't look anything like one, so maybe they've accomplished in that area.
Favorite Features
A/C still using orig. compressor, original parts still intact, no rust on paint at all, 195000 miles and still going like 17 years ago. No plan on leaving this car, even if the insurance goes up when I get a 350Z.
Suggested Improvements
Even though the engine is spunky, a little more power could have been thought about. Even if it sacrificed about 1-2 miles per gallon less, 20- 30hp extra would have made this car the best bang for the buck (still was though). Sluggish starts. Trans. only 3spd, so more wear. Had to rebuild my tranny.