1991 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
economical car
By online user on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this durable car for school. I drove from Ohio to Nebraska in a day. It runs great.

Best car I've ever owned.
By Stina on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 32,000 on it and it was worth every red cent. I have never owned a more reliable car. "Blue belle" is a '91 DX with only 103,000 miles and running strong. All it needs is regular oil changes and the occasional break and exaust work.Very highly reccomended. I will never part with it!

Its OLD
By Sodapop on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I would have to say that my dad did an okay job but now the flaws are showing through. It has about 120K miles on it. When I stop the car the a loud rattling starts which I think comes from the drink holders. The door handles are pretty sucky, my two back doors refuse to shut without and nice slam, and my drivers side lock is jammed. And my tires hate any type of bad weather. The AC and heater are good. Sound system needs some work. As far as gas goes: I drive to and from school and work/the store every week and can go on a full tank from Monday-Fri. couldn't tell the miles, I never bother to look.

Will not trade until it is totaled!
By alexmechanic on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

My dad bought the car used and after a few years of driving to and from work he gave it to me. The car has not seen an autoshop service writer or a tow- truck since we bought it. I replaced brakes on it, ehxaust, and did a small tune up but that is it. It keeps driving and driving. The fuel economy is great and the car actually has a decent pick up. I just love it.

n
By Reiszce on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

We have owned almost 12 years and it has only needed regular service items. Gas milage is 30 or more in town and 38 to 40 mpg on Interstates. Reasonable comfort for this class car and more comfortable than many cars in it's class. We have no plans to trade it in the forseeable future.

toyota is the best
By Maria31 on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

It's a great car!

Does anybody know what time it is?
By Elaine Klein on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

This car has been a good purchase except for the clock. It seems that it tell its own time and nobody is able to repair it. It sometimes says it is 1d:05 then 5 minutes later it's 2D:56. Maybe it is Martian time. I'm not really sure.

Very nice car with a very nice price...
By Gultekin Aytekin on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I just bought toyota corolla about a week ago. I am very stasfied with its performance.it drives like a rocket... it worths to buy toyota, after having a bad experience with ford... japanese do great job with engineering...

Fair Car
By Matt manter on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This is a good car to own, but the price of parts when they break quite an undesirable automobile. I liked it, but when parts started to fail, I replaced it with a Topaz, which I could afford to replace the parts on.

Bulletproof
By Stan Thacker on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

This is, without a doubt, the best car I've ever owned. It is 100% dependable in every way. Interior design and comfort are the only two areas not rated tops by me. This is because of the seat belts being in two pieces in front. We are considering replacing the car since we are retired now and want more room for travelling. That's not a reflection on this car. We wanted small when we bought it for one person, my wife, to drive to work economically. It has done that, and more for 11 years. Over 40 miles per gallon of gas on the highway, and will keep up with all, but the craziest freeway drivers. Sure wish Toyota would come out with a Town Car!