1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
1991 toyota corolla DLX Sedan
By Bob on 01/01/08 19:32 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 103k on it and now have 186k. This car burns no oil and gets about 35mpg on the highway. I have only replaced timing belt, cv joints, and normal brake and exhaust over the past 7yrs. Did upgrade the old speakers but the AM/FM cass. is still working fine.

Great Little Warrior
By ASTERIO on 05/30/07 10:40 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

After my first car (a Mazda 1300, 1975) this is the best car I've ever had. Economical, reliable and fast. If you take care of this car I think it may last forever. The only problem I had was an oil leak. It seems that this was the hair in the soup on this model. I fixed it myself but with some pain. If you have this problem I advise you to replace first the crankshaft seal. You may save money, time and some brain cells if you do this first. If just somebody would have told me this, I wouldn't have replaced everything else before to got there, but I finally fixed it. My brother is driving it now. He loved it too.

My first Corolla
By lee on 02/11/07 10:22 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Brought this car 9/04 with 170,000 miles to run errands, thought I'd lost it. I have a 07 Mountaineer but I love my 91 corolla too. I can get a new mountaineer but it might be hard to find a corolla. It's small but it's packing power, fun & great on gas! I have been hit twice by older cars and only a tiny dent. This is one SAFE car!

The best car I've ever owned
By MiaT on 04/13/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I've had quiet a few cars, all American, but this Toyota is the best ever. I bought it with 163,000 miles on it and now it has 241,000 and is still going! It's only ever needed minor repairs: brakes, tires, battery, starter. It still gets great gas mileage. I love my Corolla!

Awesome littile car
By FRANK on 08/29/05 16:02 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for my wife a few years back and I want to tell you that this little car has been the best car we have owned thus far. Fuel economy has been outstatnding (approx. 40MPG), maintenance a breeze (I do it all myself), reliability excellent and with 195,000 miles on it, runs like new. The A/C and cruise control also work too. Great!!!!

What a great car!
By catgirl on 08/19/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car in 1998 and 7 years later it has never let me down! Unfortunately the body has not fared as well and I have to get rid of it :( I am picking up a Geo Prizm today, (same as the Corolla..sense a pattern here?)

corolla le
By josh on 07/29/05 11:36 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car get great gas milege, but other than that it is very weak. It lacks power. I was happy about the digital clock remote fuel door and the remote trunk. I wish it came with a cd player or changer, but the am/fm/cassete player was nice for when it was made. The car had to be repainted and it had some rust but would would you expect after 14 years

Can't Kill It
By Chris on 12/15/04 20:50 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a REAL old lady that only drove it to church and the grocery store! Had only 14,000 miles on it when it was almost 3 yrs old. Has been fun to drive, had no trouble dealing with a 27" snowstorm we had, handles wonderfully and have had to do NO mechanical work on it other than routine oil changes and tire replacements. Still has original battery! Real work horse of a car!

Its fair...
By Junito on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car to take me and from work. It was good at first but now Im having issues with trying to start the car. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't. Can't wait to trade it in for something else. This is the first Toyota that I have owned that is not very reliable.

Good car to drive
By tylo on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is really a good car to drive. I drive it for one month and so far no problem with the engine and is very smooth for a 13 year old car.