1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Best $500 I've spent....
By cbp on 08/20/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car a little over a year ago for $500 and a starter. Had been sitting in my co workers driveway for quite some time so I got a great deal on it. This is the bare bones Toyota. Not even a cassette player only radio tuner in it. Popped that starter in and it runs like a champ. I change the oil on a frequent basis because I use it as delivery vehicle and to go out of town with on trips to the mountains and such. Couldn't have asked for a better car if I had tried. Gas mileage is great, ride is comfortable, turns on a dime, doesn't stop on a dime but then again I need to change brake pads. I suggest this car to anyone needing a cheap efficient car to get from a to b in.

Great Choice for First Car
By AJV on 08/15/09 20:32 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this as my first car over a year ago. Got me to/from school every day, to/from lunch as well, wherever I needed to go after. A little gutless on big hills but not bad. Only one problem, just this summer it would stall out or the engine would crank on startup every once in a while but I think all it needs is a tuneup. All in all, it is a great value, I love my car, even when it acts up, which really isn't all that often. Oh, and the gas door fell off. Don't know if that's common...currently being held on with duct tape because the screws for the hinge are stripped and stuck. No big problem.

Best Car
By Corolla Roller on 06/11/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car with 250K miles on it in 2004. It now (2009) has 284K. This car has an engine that never dies. I have had to replace a couple of things but nothing major. It shows its age when accelerating, maintaining speeds over 65, and on moderately steep inclines, but it gets me where I need to go without worry. I get between 26-30mpg city.

I used to own a '91 Corolla 4dr sedan
By PatriciaLani on 12/28/08 21:26 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car back in November '94 and have had good luck with this car; except towards the end, it started smoking from the exhaust pipe and had to trade it in for a used '98 Saturn. I had the Corolla for almost seven years, but it sure got around well. I'd service it when it needed it, but towards the end, I noticed that I had put in more than $2000 worth of car repairs into it and because it was due to wear because of age. It was great on gas for a car that was automatic transmission; though, I wished it was manual, but it wasn't my choice because it was the only Toyota on the used car lot that had automatic transmission.

Role Model
By Donald on 04/13/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

These cars were made to be awesome in almost every aspect, with exceptions to the interior. Handling is smooth and responsive and pickup for a 110hp with 1587cc displacement engine definitely blows my mind. I love to drive it, this thing is still a kid inside. The only thing I can find that I don't enjoy necessarily is the soft suspension. I remember it being semi-stiff when we got it, but the years have softened it. Still, I can remember taking a few turns and bumping the bottom onto the road then and now, not speeding or anything. I think Toyota wanted it to be a secret sports car. It doesn't look anything like one, so maybe they've accomplished in that area.

Can't Kill It
By Chris on 12/15/04 20:50 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a REAL old lady that only drove it to church and the grocery store! Had only 14,000 miles on it when it was almost 3 yrs old. Has been fun to drive, had no trouble dealing with a 27" snowstorm we had, handles wonderfully and have had to do NO mechanical work on it other than routine oil changes and tire replacements. Still has original battery! Real work horse of a car!

Good car to drive
By tylo on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is really a good car to drive. I drive it for one month and so far no problem with the engine and is very smooth for a 13 year old car.

Perfect starter car..
By Blindsoul233 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

My rolla is the best car i've ever owned,180,000 miles and still drives like the day it rolled off the showroom, Only regular maintenance done. Used Syntec oil though :). Smoked my friends 99 Sunfire, so its got the speed.

Its OLD
By Sodapop on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I would have to say that my dad did an okay job but now the flaws are showing through. It has about 120K miles on it. When I stop the car the a loud rattling starts which I think comes from the drink holders. The door handles are pretty sucky, my two back doors refuse to shut without and nice slam, and my drivers side lock is jammed. And my tires hate any type of bad weather. The AC and heater are good. Sound system needs some work. As far as gas goes: I drive to and from school and work/the store every week and can go on a full tank from Monday-Fri. couldn't tell the miles, I never bother to look.

Will not trade until it is totaled!
By alexmechanic on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

My dad bought the car used and after a few years of driving to and from work he gave it to me. The car has not seen an autoshop service writer or a tow- truck since we bought it. I replaced brakes on it, ehxaust, and did a small tune up but that is it. It keeps driving and driving. The fuel economy is great and the car actually has a decent pick up. I just love it.