1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Very, Very Good Value
By Lorr on 07/18/09 01:55 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Driving this car is so easy, effortless and fun. Outward visibility is excellent, seating position is perfect, steering effort is perfect, brake modulation is perfect, engine is willing, smooth, and virtually unbreakable...typical Toyota. On road, the car behaves safely and predictably. One caveat: regularly check the TRANSAXLE fluid level. Mine apparently leaked and seized on me. Other than that the car is tough and refined. Definitely a very good value for the money.

Never dies!
By jeninholland02 on 06/19/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

We bought a 91 Corolla after our 94 Saturn threw a rocker arm at my husband's head. We NEVER had any problems with this car. We sold it at 228,000 miles and last we heard it was still running. We sold it only because we needed more room for a car seat. The most reliable car I've EVER seen....EVER. This car has been through the Smokey Mountains, driven through a blizzard/ice storm, completely abused and it took every bit of it. As long as you do a tune up regularly, it'll keep running.

Reliable!!
By M3prodg on 02/20/09 20:17 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

It's small and drives fast as well as too reliable for any wild abuse you throw at it. It just overcomes any obstacle like a dang beetle, it's what I call mine.

Best compact car of the 90's
By toyotafan on 02/19/09 23:01 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Bought brand new I owned this car for seventeen years! It would have lasted longer in a garage. The engine never had a single problem. The body did rust through though.

Almost the worst car I have ever owned
By Nevermore on 01/21/09 11:05 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car two and a half years ago and have never been able to rely on it. Within a few months had starting problems. I can't tell you how many times that car left me stranded. Still I kept putting money in it thinking "Hey, it's a Toyota and they are supposed to run 'Forever." In that 2 1/2 years I have gone through 4 starters, 2 alternators, 3 batteries and I have had to replace the struts, brakes, tie rods, ball joints, axles, and the steering rack was going bad but didn't dare put another dime in the car. Then, again the car wouldn't start and it started smoking through the dash and then completely fried out the electrical system. Now it is scrap metal!

1991 toyota corolla DLX Sedan
By Bob on 01/01/08 19:32 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 103k on it and now have 186k. This car burns no oil and gets about 35mpg on the highway. I have only replaced timing belt, cv joints, and normal brake and exhaust over the past 7yrs. Did upgrade the old speakers but the AM/FM cass. is still working fine.

The best car I've ever owned
By MiaT on 04/13/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I've had quiet a few cars, all American, but this Toyota is the best ever. I bought it with 163,000 miles on it and now it has 241,000 and is still going! It's only ever needed minor repairs: brakes, tires, battery, starter. It still gets great gas mileage. I love my Corolla!

What a great car!
By catgirl on 08/19/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car in 1998 and 7 years later it has never let me down! Unfortunately the body has not fared as well and I have to get rid of it :( I am picking up a Geo Prizm today, (same as the Corolla..sense a pattern here?)

Its fair...
By Junito on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car to take me and from work. It was good at first but now Im having issues with trying to start the car. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't. Can't wait to trade it in for something else. This is the first Toyota that I have owned that is not very reliable.

good car to get from a to b with
By pt on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

i've had is car for only 6 mon. and i have all ready put 16,000 miles on it with little or no problums. i have 176,000 miles on this car now and i believe it will go another 65,000+ with normal maintance.