Used 1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Very, Very Good Value
By Lorr

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Driving this car is so easy, effortless and fun. Outward visibility is excellent, seating position is perfect, steering effort is perfect, brake modulation is perfect, engine is willing, smooth, and virtually unbreakable...typical Toyota. On road, the car behaves safely and predictably. One caveat: regularly check the TRANSAXLE fluid level. Mine apparently leaked and seized on me. Other than that the car is tough and refined. Definitely a very good value for the money.

Simplicity, reliability, and refinement. The way the controls feel, smooth and secure engagement of levers and switches, solid sound of all doors closing, no squeaks or rattles, give this car a feel of quality rivaling that of a German luxury car.

The Big 3 should build their cars this way!

Never dies!
By jeninholland02

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

We bought a 91 Corolla after our 94 Saturn threw a rocker arm at my husband's head. We NEVER had any problems with this car. We sold it at 228,000 miles and last we heard it was still running. We sold it only because we needed more room for a car seat. The most reliable car I've EVER seen....EVER. This car has been through the Smokey Mountains, driven through a blizzard/ice storm, completely abused and it took every bit of it. As long as you do a tune up regularly, it'll keep running.

reliability

nothing at all

Reliable!!
By M3prodg

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

It's small and drives fast as well as too reliable for any wild abuse you throw at it. It just overcomes any obstacle like a dang beetle, it's what I call mine.

You can run the car with $200/month as income!

Nothing!

Best compact car of the 90's
By toyotafan

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Bought brand new I owned this car for seventeen years! It would have lasted longer in a garage. The engine never had a single problem. The body did rust through though.

The radio was a great radio.

A small bump in horsepower and a tachometer maybe a v-6 option.

Almost the worst car I have ever owned
By Nevermore

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car two and a half years ago and have never been able to rely on it. Within a few months had starting problems. I can't tell you how many times that car left me stranded. Still I kept putting money in it thinking "Hey, it's a Toyota and they are supposed to run 'Forever." In that 2 1/2 years I have gone through 4 starters, 2 alternators, 3 batteries and I have had to replace the struts, brakes, tie rods, ball joints, axles, and the steering rack was going bad but didn't dare put another dime in the car. Then, again the car wouldn't start and it started smoking through the dash and then completely fried out the electrical system. Now it is scrap metal!

Good gas mileage (when it ran!) and easy to find parking because it was small.

Don't know where to begin on that one.

• SUV