Used 1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best $500 I've spent....
By cbp

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car a little over a year ago for $500 and a starter. Had been sitting in my co workers driveway for quite some time so I got a great deal on it. This is the bare bones Toyota. Not even a cassette player only radio tuner in it. Popped that starter in and it runs like a champ. I change the oil on a frequent basis because I use it as delivery vehicle and to go out of town with on trips to the mountains and such. Couldn't have asked for a better car if I had tried. Gas mileage is great, ride is comfortable, turns on a dime, doesn't stop on a dime but then again I need to change brake pads. I suggest this car to anyone needing a cheap efficient car to get from a to b in.

Great gas mileage especially in town.

Toyota's weren't designed for tall people. Being 6'2" my drivers seat is almost touching the backseat but I am still comfortable.

Great Choice for First Car
By AJV

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this as my first car over a year ago. Got me to/from school every day, to/from lunch as well, wherever I needed to go after. A little gutless on big hills but not bad. Only one problem, just this summer it would stall out or the engine would crank on startup every once in a while but I think all it needs is a tuneup. All in all, it is a great value, I love my car, even when it acts up, which really isn't all that often. Oh, and the gas door fell off. Don't know if that's common...currently being held on with duct tape because the screws for the hinge are stripped and stuck. No big problem.

Manual transmission, I prefer it, feel like I'm more engaged in driving. Great visibility to the rear and sides, not much of a blind spot at all. Gets up and goes almost every time, good acceleration, perky little car.

None, really. The few problems I have are, I believe, as a direct result of being 18 yrs old with 175k miles.

Very, Very Good Value
By Lorr

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Driving this car is so easy, effortless and fun. Outward visibility is excellent, seating position is perfect, steering effort is perfect, brake modulation is perfect, engine is willing, smooth, and virtually unbreakable...typical Toyota. On road, the car behaves safely and predictably. One caveat: regularly check the TRANSAXLE fluid level. Mine apparently leaked and seized on me. Other than that the car is tough and refined. Definitely a very good value for the money.

Simplicity, reliability, and refinement. The way the controls feel, smooth and secure engagement of levers and switches, solid sound of all doors closing, no squeaks or rattles, give this car a feel of quality rivaling that of a German luxury car.

The Big 3 should build their cars this way!

Never dies!
By jeninholland02

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan Deluxe 4dr Sedan

We bought a 91 Corolla after our 94 Saturn threw a rocker arm at my husband's head. We NEVER had any problems with this car. We sold it at 228,000 miles and last we heard it was still running. We sold it only because we needed more room for a car seat. The most reliable car I've EVER seen....EVER. This car has been through the Smokey Mountains, driven through a blizzard/ice storm, completely abused and it took every bit of it. As long as you do a tune up regularly, it'll keep running.

reliability

nothing at all

Best Car
By Corolla Roller

1991 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car with 250K miles on it in 2004. It now (2009) has 284K. This car has an engine that never dies. I have had to replace a couple of things but nothing major. It shows its age when accelerating, maintaining speeds over 65, and on moderately steep inclines, but it gets me where I need to go without worry. I get between 26-30mpg city.

All models should have had scan on radio.