Used 1991 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Hard to trade
By java kid

1991 Toyota Corolla SR5 2dr Coupe

Not a lot of expense to drive this car. A tune up, generator, battery, ty-rod, two new tires. This is after owning this baby for two years. Oh, and a whole new exhaust system for $160. After testing newer corollas, I could not really tell a lot of difference. Does not burn or use oil and runs like a expensive watch. I have 140,000 miles. I can tolerate rust. Now this does not turn heads but this car sure is one reliable Toyota. Always allow the car to drink the 3000 mile drink of oil and it will be fine.

Favorite Features

Interior design-easy access to radio, wipers and lights.

Suggested Improvements

None

very reliable
By don m.

1991 Toyota Corolla SR5 2dr Coupe

for just a reliable car for work and misc. ride around for errands this vehicle is fine. cost me around $450 for repairs that i could not ignore.

Favorite Features

great heat easy access to radio heat etc.

Suggested Improvements

old fashioned style

One of my FAVORITE cars!
By moriah15

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Wagon

Love this car, wish I didn't have to part with it. Mechanically, it still runs "like a top". NO major problems, just normal maintenance. The rust is a little scary, but still wish I could keep it.

Favorite Features

So EASY to drive. Nice & roomy in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Make them so they don't rust! lol

Best $500 I've spent....
By cbp

1991 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Bought this car a little over a year ago for $500 and a starter. Had been sitting in my co workers driveway for quite some time so I got a great deal on it. This is the bare bones Toyota. Not even a cassette player only radio tuner in it. Popped that starter in and it runs like a champ. I change the oil on a frequent basis because I use it as delivery vehicle and to go out of town with on trips to the mountains and such. Couldn't have asked for a better car if I had tried. Gas mileage is great, ride is comfortable, turns on a dime, doesn't stop on a dime but then again I need to change brake pads. I suggest this car to anyone needing a cheap efficient car to get from a to b in.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage especially in town.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota's weren't designed for tall people. Being 6'2" my drivers seat is almost touching the backseat but I am still comfortable.

Great Choice for First Car
By AJV

1991 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Bought this as my first car over a year ago. Got me to/from school every day, to/from lunch as well, wherever I needed to go after. A little gutless on big hills but not bad. Only one problem, just this summer it would stall out or the engine would crank on startup every once in a while but I think all it needs is a tuneup. All in all, it is a great value, I love my car, even when it acts up, which really isn't all that often. Oh, and the gas door fell off. Don't know if that's common...currently being held on with duct tape because the screws for the hinge are stripped and stuck. No big problem.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission, I prefer it, feel like I'm more engaged in driving. Great visibility to the rear and sides, not much of a blind spot at all. Gets up and goes almost every time, good acceleration, perky little car.

Suggested Improvements

None, really. The few problems I have are, I believe, as a direct result of being 18 yrs old with 175k miles.