1991 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Hard to trade
By java kid on 06/05/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla SR5 2dr Coupe

Not a lot of expense to drive this car. A tune up, generator, battery, ty-rod, two new tires. This is after owning this baby for two years. Oh, and a whole new exhaust system for $160. After testing newer corollas, I could not really tell a lot of difference. Does not burn or use oil and runs like a expensive watch. I have 140,000 miles. I can tolerate rust. Now this does not turn heads but this car sure is one reliable Toyota. Always allow the car to drink the 3000 mile drink of oil and it will be fine.

very reliable
By don m. on 12/04/09 12:18 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla SR5 2dr Coupe

for just a reliable car for work and misc. ride around for errands this vehicle is fine. cost me around $450 for repairs that i could not ignore.

One of my FAVORITE cars!
By moriah15 on 10/23/09 02:17 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Wagon

Love this car, wish I didn't have to part with it. Mechanically, it still runs "like a top". NO major problems, just normal maintenance. The rust is a little scary, but still wish I could keep it.

Best $500 I've spent....
By cbp on 08/20/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Bought this car a little over a year ago for $500 and a starter. Had been sitting in my co workers driveway for quite some time so I got a great deal on it. This is the bare bones Toyota. Not even a cassette player only radio tuner in it. Popped that starter in and it runs like a champ. I change the oil on a frequent basis because I use it as delivery vehicle and to go out of town with on trips to the mountains and such. Couldn't have asked for a better car if I had tried. Gas mileage is great, ride is comfortable, turns on a dime, doesn't stop on a dime but then again I need to change brake pads. I suggest this car to anyone needing a cheap efficient car to get from a to b in.

Great Choice for First Car
By AJV on 08/15/09 20:32 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Bought this as my first car over a year ago. Got me to/from school every day, to/from lunch as well, wherever I needed to go after. A little gutless on big hills but not bad. Only one problem, just this summer it would stall out or the engine would crank on startup every once in a while but I think all it needs is a tuneup. All in all, it is a great value, I love my car, even when it acts up, which really isn't all that often. Oh, and the gas door fell off. Don't know if that's common...currently being held on with duct tape because the screws for the hinge are stripped and stuck. No big problem.

Very, Very Good Value
By Lorr on 07/18/09 01:55 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Driving this car is so easy, effortless and fun. Outward visibility is excellent, seating position is perfect, steering effort is perfect, brake modulation is perfect, engine is willing, smooth, and virtually unbreakable...typical Toyota. On road, the car behaves safely and predictably. One caveat: regularly check the TRANSAXLE fluid level. Mine apparently leaked and seized on me. Other than that the car is tough and refined. Definitely a very good value for the money.

Never dies!
By jeninholland02 on 06/19/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

We bought a 91 Corolla after our 94 Saturn threw a rocker arm at my husband's head. We NEVER had any problems with this car. We sold it at 228,000 miles and last we heard it was still running. We sold it only because we needed more room for a car seat. The most reliable car I've EVER seen....EVER. This car has been through the Smokey Mountains, driven through a blizzard/ice storm, completely abused and it took every bit of it. As long as you do a tune up regularly, it'll keep running.

Best Car
By Corolla Roller on 06/11/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car with 250K miles on it in 2004. It now (2009) has 284K. This car has an engine that never dies. I have had to replace a couple of things but nothing major. It shows its age when accelerating, maintaining speeds over 65, and on moderately steep inclines, but it gets me where I need to go without worry. I get between 26-30mpg city.

Reliable!!
By M3prodg on 02/20/09 20:17 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

It's small and drives fast as well as too reliable for any wild abuse you throw at it. It just overcomes any obstacle like a dang beetle, it's what I call mine.

Best compact car of the 90's
By toyotafan on 02/19/09 23:01 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Bought brand new I owned this car for seventeen years! It would have lasted longer in a garage. The engine never had a single problem. The body did rust through though.

1 2 3 4 5 next »